Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jernal wrote: »
    GFWL is probably the one reason why I haven't gone back to Arkham. It's atrocious!
    Dirt 3, you say, how will keyboard or 360 pad cope? :)

Dirt 3 is okay with 360 controller. That's the only way to play racing games on pc if you don't have g25/g27.
    keyboard? Forget about it. Might as well drop a heavy book on your testicles!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Dirt 3 is okay with 360 controller. That's the only way to play racing games on pc if you don't have g25/g27.

I have the MS xbox wireless wheel and a windows controller dongle. Would that work for this game dya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ah think I'll pass then. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

kendragon wrote: »
    I have the MS xbox wireless wheel and a windows controller dongle. Would that work for this game dya think?

Id imagine that would just be picked up as a controller. The Windows 360 controller works well also, as previously mentioned.

Most enjoyable game I have played in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

new Bundle Stars out €4.65, all Steam redeemable except for Holy Avatar which is Desura

Shattered Horizon
    Nuclear Dawn
    Two Worlds II - Castle Defense
    Planets Under Attack
    Iron Grip: Warlord
    Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead
    Ion Assault
    X-Blades
    Two Worlds II

I'll be posting keys on here for 4 games that I already have from it so watch out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Cry of Fear (Half Life 1 mod) is free on Steam.

II haven't played it, but it gets good reviews and, you know, it's free!

668NM-MVR7X-V4P37

let people know when claimed

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Skerries wrote: »

668NM-MVR7X-V4P37

let people know when claimed

Activated. Thank you very much :)

Nuclear Dawn

RYLBG-82CMI-73KWC

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Nuclear Dawn

RYLBG-82CMI-73KWC

Activated. Muchos gracias.

• Advertisement

Shattered Horizon

24P2A-P6DSA-WHIQD-XBTAX-DFWBS

Shattered Horizon

Was going to then I realised I owned it. Steam makes me feel bad sometimes.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Shattered Horizon

this was taken already :(

Two Worlds II
    Steam Key:
    ERL84-GJEXK-RZ7QR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mouche

Bioschock Infinite for €24.90, Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm €24.99, Dead Island Contest (free to join).

http://www.go2arena.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭romperstomper

when it comes to steam keys, whats the difference between an EU key or a non EU key? why would you pay extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

when it comes to steam keys, whats the difference between an EU key or a non EU key? why would you pay extra?

EU keys are to play on EU servers, Non EU are usually to play on north American servers. Obviously you will have a better ping on the EU servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I assumed it was how the developer wished to sell their game. A Russian key / EU Tier 2 would be cheaper than an EU Tier 1 key

If you used a Russian key / Tier 2 and was based in an EU Tier 1 area, then the Dev / Steam could remove your game.

That is something Steam does not want to do at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Mouche wrote: »
    Bioschock Infinite for €24.90, Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm €24.99, Dead Island Contest (free to join).

http://www.go2arena.com/

Has anyone used these guys? Looking at that far cry 3 uplay key for 20 quid and wondering if its worth the risk.

EDIT: Took the chance and bought the Far Cry 3 ultimate edition on uPlay for €20.40. Got the key within a couple of minutes. Had to learn how to input the key into uplay which is a bit of a retarded system compared to STEAM but found a website that helped and the game is downloading now. Just hope its actually the ultimate edition when its finished because there is no mention of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I'm not well up on every game, but I doubt that keys regularly determine which servers you can play on. What if you wanted to play with your US friend when in Europe yourself or the game has dwindling players and you want everyone to be in the same pool?

It's for market differentiation, as moonboy said. With higher piracy and different markets, Russian keys tend to be cheaper. In some markets, people are willing to pay more, while with others the developer/publisher will usually consider lower revenue better than none.

The game can also be influenced by slight variations such as lower violence/scenes cut to be cleared by censorship ratings. Sometimes this isn't a difference in key but rather where the game is activated.

grotesque tactics 2

804AY-2FJPF-FFCBX

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Sale on at G2Play. Bioshock Infinite for €25, Metro Last Light for €30 (think thats still preorder), Tomb Raider for €20, Dishonoured €18, Defiance €27.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Dirt 3 is deadly:0

Better than Dirt2? I liked the feel of D2...

Darksiders URL="http://www.amazon.com/THQ-40470Darksiders-Darksiders-Download/dp/B0047T7UDU/ref=dsvrt_myd_asin_block"]Download[/URL

Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / XP
    File size: 12500 MB
    Quantity purchased: 1

Activation Key: 2IW09-LHG53-7JQF3 :pac:

not sure if its a steam key also

Nexuiz [Download]

File size: 3 GB

Product Code: EWAHK-Y8PHT-853CR

Saints Row 2 URL="http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Silver-40640aints-Row-29/dp/B004VNHVF4/ref=dsvrt_myd_asin_block"]Download[/URL

Platform: Windows Vista / XP
    File size: 6 GB

Product Code: 438X4-7PMGM-3E4J4

These should ll be steam codes.

• Advertisement

platinums wrote: »
    Darksiders [Download]

File size: 12500 MB

Activation Key: [Awesome] :pac:

http://www.amazon.com/THQ-40470Darksiders-Darksiders-Download/dp/B0047T7UDU/ref=dsvrt_myd_asin_block

not sure if its a steam key also

Yep it's a steam key. Thank you so much. :D
    Big-hug.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement