Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pancake/Waffle House in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Originally posted by Borzoi
    If you know anyoone going to the states, ayou can get a waffle iron (electric) for about $25, and then buy a transformer here.

Alternatively buy a stove top irom in the states - bit primitive though.

Waffle recipie is pretty much the same as for pancakes but with more baking powder and oil - in other words a matter of seconds to make - mmmmm

Decided to get one from Germany - Amazon.de and get it shipped to my mate in Germany (they dont ship to Ireland) And he'll forward it on to me via post. Cant wait now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

when i think of waffles i think of the frozen birdseye ones which i find quite delicious.

whats the deal with these waffles, what they made from?

data

*mental note don't ready food/drink section before lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    when i think of waffles i think of the frozen birdseye ones which i find quite delicious.

whats the deal with these waffles, what they made from?

data

*mental note don't ready food/drink section before lunch

They are basically a very thick pancake mix made from Flour, Sugar, Eggs, Milk, Water, Salt, Butter.

This goes into a waffle iron and it forms a circular pancake with deep square ridges (not full ridges like potatoe waffles) But they have a small base.

You then fill each ridge with maple syrup/honey/your own topping, and if youre adventurious like me, you'll add vanilla ice cream to the top of it.

Its a great meal, I truly cant wait to get my Waffle iron from Germany :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

ah mental note don't read it just before dinner either

cheers blue wing

Advertisement