Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forum meetup - Nov 28th - all welcome

• 10-11-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Would there be interest for another forum meetup in Dublin in the near future?
    I went to a few before and they were good craic, definitely helped me come to terms with being gay. Not sure what dates people would be interested in...but if people were to comment and give an idea of when they'd be free, we'd be able to organise something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes, let's! I've just come out to myself this month & would like to attend an outing as it were.....any weekend in November preferably
    or Dec suits also. Thanks!!
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I'm up for one!

I'm free most weekends.

Someone mentioned payday is the 27th Nov., and the 28th is a Saturday? I'd love if could fit in before December hits. Lot of 12 pub carry on then. I'm sure I could pop in for two or seven on the night anyway, so go with the majority ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭Daith

28th would be perfect yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

That was me 're the payday :). 28th could totally work

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tony91

I'd be up for it, 28th would suit me. Looking forward to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭yer man!

I'll be in Dublin for the 28th so that would great! Had great craic at the last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

Venuewise are people happy enough starting in Sweetmans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

If I'm off work that weekend (which is highly possible), I'll definitely come along.

Sweetmans is a grand start for me!

Sweetmans suits grand. I'll be most likely coming in from work. What time we thinking of?

• Advertisement

I'm easygoing re times....anyone have any suggestions?

Again I'm not fussy! Around 7.30/8 might help if people want to pop along and then get various buses/trains home if they're not staying up?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,736 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I edited the thread title

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Did we pick a venue

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hdowney wrote: »
    Did we pick a venue
    The previous page says Sweetmans on Burgh Quay

Sweetmans I thought, or am I wrong....or does anyone have other ideas?

I may just have completely forgotten that!!!!

Sweetmans! It's the pub beside the big heineken building at the end of O'Connell brige.

Just booked the accom now! Should be a good night!

Edit: Unless anyone has any other ideas? A gay bar might deter people from going, but can always head to Panti/Front Lounge etc after a few?

what time we thinking? i finish work (in town) at 6pm. I'll most likely need to go get some food if anyone wants to join and then on to the meetup

I'm not sure what time I'll be hitting Dublin at for grub so not sure at the moment!

Just a reminder to newbies that this is a great night out and you don't have to be an active poster (or poster at all!) to come along. Just bring some chat!

• Advertisement

Ash885 wrote: »
    Sweetmans! It's the pub beside the big heineken building at the end of O'Connell brige.

Just booked the accom now! Should be a good night!

Edit: Unless anyone has any other ideas? A gay bar might deter people from going, but can always head to Panti/Front Lounge etc after a few?

That's a good idea alright, when I went to the first one I was nervous about going to it but when I actually started talking to a few folk I was a lot calmer...I'd be up for going somewhere after

I'm in work on the Saturday but I'll be there afterwards. Looking forward to the few drinks and wherever the night takes us sure :)

Who's definitely going on Saturday?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I will be there.

Looking forward to a few pints though, has to be said! Long week >_'

Is Mise.

Someone wanna swap mobile numbers with me so I have contact info for someone going? I'm finished work and gonna go grab some grub as I said before if anyone wants to join. Anyone any suggestions of where also? ESP if I'm gonna be dining a la my tod!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Use your vote

Sweetman's this Saturday 28th sounds great - see you there!

Somebody please bring a BOARDS.IE sign so we know where to find you!

(There's lots of different levels and nooks and crannies in Sweetman's and sometimes it's hard to spot Boardsies!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭yer man!

I'll be there, bringing 2 friends with me too

I'll be there!

Hopefully bringing a friend with me too. Should be good craic!

• Advertisement

Who'll be there first?

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement