Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Must win game alright, don't want to be falling to far behind Longford. Who's heading to Wexford ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Wexford 0 -1 Limerick

(Gaffney)

By all accounts, we played some lovely football and were well worth the win.

Back up to 2nd in the table, a point behind Longford, who have a game in hand.

Next game is away to Finn Harps.

Next home game is versus Waterford Utd, on Friday 27th April.

Great three points, same again against Harps next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

we should be finn harps, are longford town playing them i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Jofspring

we should be finn harps, are longford town playing them i think?

Longford are playing them tonight. Tough place to go but if we play the same football we did against cork and Wexford then I think we should beat them.

• Advertisement

Longford 1-3 Finn Harps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Jofspring wrote: »
    Longford 1-3 Finn Harps

Fantastic result, and with the performance against Wexford its been a great weekend for us...Now lets not mess it up against Harps next Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Limerick FC Official Supporters Club bus to Finn Harps Sat

E25 a seat

Leaving Arthurs Quay at 12.30pm :)

Membership taken on the day

PM me here for more details.

Well lads is there many heading up to Donegal for this one ? Big three points if we can get them.

Our Brian wrote: »
    Well lads is there many heading up to Donegal for this one ? Big three points if we can get them.

Official SC have a bus, a few car loads, maybe a few up from Dublin. Never an easy trip but its fun. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Looks like a very good performance this evening and an excellent result.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/7902/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Very good result away from home. Limerick & Longford opening a bit of a gap at the top now.

Great result. lets hope for one of the smalllest crowds of the season now for the visit of Waterford next Friday.

Just back lads, we played great stuff.

Their goal came after a Ryan mistake, but in fairness was a nice finish.

We played them off the park and should have had a 4th, but was ruled out for whatever reason, the referee was a clown he was all over the place tonight.

Crowd was no more than 450...that's a very generous 450 as well

Winning 3-1 away to Harps is even better considering the pitch, the match was one heavy shower away from being called off.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Winning 3-1 away to Harps is even better considering the pitch, the match was one heavy shower away from being called off.

Yeah that pool by centre of the pitch was a disgrace

So who is heading up tomorrow night?

Big game, lets hope for a big crowd and 3 points so we can finally get over our poor form on front of a good home support...

C'mon le Super Blues

Heading up as usual. I'd be expecting a reasonable enough crowd at this. No where near the Longford game but still between 700-800.

We've been playing lovely football the last few weeks and if we continue to do it tomorrow I fancy us for a good win.

Yeah in the last 2 games we've played some great football, very like Barcelona except we can score goals:D

I'd say Waterford will bring a few up to it, I'm going for a 3-1 win and a crowd of 675

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Heading up too and looking forward to it after missing the away games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

just home after the match. Dissapointing performance from Limerick FC and a dissapointing result, we lost 1:0 to Waterford. I dont think we ever really looked likely to put the ball into the back of Waterfords goal. Where do we go from here?

Waterford 1-0 win:mad:

Tonight we saw Pat Scully's failure as an effective manager yet again. After we win 2 on the bounce by playing nice football we revert to kick and rush style ball again. Well that's a little unfair, we tried to play nice, patient football for the first minute, but when Waterford started to close us down, we just started to lump the ball again.

Also tonight most of the players went missing, gamble and Bradley were nowhere tonight...Denis Behan was the only one who seemed to give a sh!t tonight and his not even been used correctly by Scully. We are lumping the ball up to him, and there is no one for him to knock the ball onto to give pass to. Coughlan is a coward on the pitch, afraid to get kicked and pulls out of way too many challenges. Granted Quinn didn't start the season well, but dropping for the two away games proved a point that his not undroppable, but I think that Coughlan has done nothing in the last two, so felt that Quinn should have been put back in tonight...No he wasn't even on the bench.

Now tonight, we were just awful. We reverted to a style of ball which doesn't work with the formation we play, and if I and many other fan's can see this...How on earth can't Scully, well maybe he can, and just doesn't know how to remedy the situation.

Now I've only been seriously supporting Limerick since the middle of last season, but sense then, I've missed 7 games. This season I've been to every league game, and what I've seen is a manager with about as much tactical awareness as my dog, and who also as unqualified people on the bench. One of his coaches doesn't even have a Coaching Youth Cert, and his involved in training these players and giving Scully advice on the bench.

Think it's time for Scully to go, get in someone who can get players playing consistently, get them over the big game judders.

This isn't just a knee-jerk reaction, I was saying we should have gotten rid of him last season after we failed to make the playoff's, and tonight we lost our third game of the season and its a short season...we're 4 points off Longford and we have the best team player for player in the league and they can't beat a poor Waterford side...

Well said A Sober Paddy, that was the worst performance from a Limerick team in a long time. Its time now for the board to wake up and make some changes. Scully is not the man to get us up, Stevie Wonder could see that. We are going nowhere fast with him in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Acapella

Waterford 1-0 win:mad:

Tonight we saw Pat Scully's failure as an effective manager yet again. After we win 2 on the bounce by playing nice football we revert to kick and rush style ball again. Well that's a little unfair, we tried to play nice, patient football for the first minute, but when Waterford started to close us down, we just started to lump the ball again.

Also tonight most of the players went missing, gamble and Bradley were nowhere tonight...Denis Behan was the only one who seemed to give a sh!t tonight and his not even been used correctly by Scully. We are lumping the ball up to him, and there is no one for him to knock the ball onto to give pass to. Coughlan is a coward on the pitch, afraid to get kicked and pulls out of way too many challenges. Granted Quinn didn't start the season well, but dropping for the two away games proved a point that his not undroppable, but I think that Coughlan has done nothing in the last two, so felt that Quinn should have been put back in tonight...No he wasn't even on the bench.

Now tonight, we were just awful. We reverted to a style of ball which doesn't work with the formation we play, and if I and many other fan's can see this...How on earth can't Scully, well maybe he can, and just doesn't know how to remedy the situation.

Now I've only been seriously supporting Limerick since the middle of last season, but sense then, I've missed 7 games. This season I've been to every league game, and what I've seen is a manager with about as much tactical awareness as my dog, and who also as unqualified people on the bench. One of his coaches doesn't even have a Coaching Youth Cert, and his involved in training these players and giving Scully advice on the bench.

Think it's time for Scully to go, get in someone who can get players playing consistently, get them over the big game judders.

This isn't just a knee-jerk reaction, I was saying we should have gotten rid of him last season after we failed to make the playoff's, and tonight we lost our third game of the season and its a short season...we're 4 points off Longford and we have the best team player for player in the league and they can't beat a poor Waterford side...

Are you sure that lad isn't just the Sports Scientist?

Acapella wrote: »
    Are you sure that lad isn't just the Sports Scientist?

No mate, in fact I don't think his still on the bench(But I'm open to correction on that)...

The lad I'm taking about his considered a "coach"

Quinn is injured at the moment but Barr that I agree with everything you say sober paddy.

I know there is a sports scientist at the bench(Keith Higgins?), Scully, Mick "piece of paper" shields and there was some other guy last night that I've never seen before.

Quinn is injured at the moment but Barr that I agree with everything you say sober paddy.

I know there is a sports scientist at the bench(Keith Higgins?), Scully, Mick "piece of paper" shields and there was some other guy last night that I've never seen before.

Shields is the man I was referring to earlier.

The other lad is Scully's new assistant, Mark Dempsey was his old assistant at Rovers I believe. He was brought in after the Longford game

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jakelamotta

Shields is the man I was referring to earlier.

The other lad is Scully's new assistant, Mark Dempsey was his old assistant at Rovers I believe. He was brought in after the Longford game

Isn't the other guy David Dineen? Was workin with the academy? Sack the bloody lot,it seems like their readiness to take Pat O'Sullivans money is too handy for them to think about rockIng the boat. I feel sorry for POS, half the town knows he's being taken for a ride by some of those involved in the club. They saw their gravy train and they're clinging on for dear life.

• Advertisement

Isn't the other guy David Dineen? Was workin with the academy? Sack the bloody lot,it seems like their readiness to take Pat O'Sullivans money is too handy for them to think about rockIng the boat. I feel sorry for POS, half the town knows he's being taken for a ride by some of those involved in the club. They saw their gravy train and they're clinging on for dear life.

May have been, I don't know know who Jofspring was talking about. But I know that Mark Dempsey was added to the staff after the last home game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement