Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guitarist (25):Dublin:Seeks reliable committed bandmates for regular rehearsals

• 11-10-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Band Name: To be decided

Band Genre: Rock/Hard rock/Alternative (open to a large extent on genre as long as its not boring to play/listen to)

Band Location: Dublin (I am south side based)

Transport: Yes

Gear: Gibson les paul standard, Marshall Tsl 122, Pod x3 live (all soon to be upgraded :P)

Desired Age Range: 20+

Desired gender:
    Not an issue

Experience:
    14 years playing, 1 year classical training, no studio recording experience, minimal live experience, lots of home recording!

Influences:
    Influences for those interested range from pearljam, the beatles, tool, incubus, soundgarden, jeff buckley, nirvana, the pixies, alice in chains, a perfect circle, interpol, katie melua, radiohead, coldplay, porcupine tree, faith no more, Reuben, aerosmith, ACDC, This will destroy you, Mogwai, Pelican and on and on and on....

I listen to all sorts of music but these are all I could think of. I don't think influences are a fair assessment of how somebody plays but they are there for those interested in looking. I do not want to sound like these or try to sound like them. Lets just see how our own individual playing styles mix and take it from there.

Positions Available:
    Full compliment - Bass, Drums, Vocals/lyricist, 2nd guitarist (optional). Keys would be interesting too and a first for me. Open to suggestions.

Available Sound Samples: PM me

Additional Info: (from one of my previous ads)
    I am looking for people with the right attitude to form a hardworking band. No messers or "rockstars" thank you. I am looking for people who are above all else reliable, pay their own way, can take constructive criticism, have an equal input and can have fun while doing it. I am looking for people who can give 100% to this rather than it being another "side project" to supplement boredom. If you relate to the above then get in touch.

I have no gigging experience and so I don't mind starting with a few covers and quickly moving to originals. Writing original material as a band is the end goal. Hopefully we can learn from one another etc.

PM me if interested - No time wasters.

Comments

Advertisement