Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus driving as a job

Options
  • 06-08-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

ok so just applied for the theory test for d licence and have being looking up about the profession with a while.
    so what are your opinions on bus driving learning and jobs prospect. i dont have any experience with buses . i just need to re train and look again for work.
    i see alot of jobs that want you to have about 3 years experience and so on, how and where did you start driving buses, what kinda jobs did you start out on ? just want to get some info on all this .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

ok so just applied for the theory test for d licence and have being looking up about the profession with a while.
    so what are your opinions on bus driving learning and jobs prospect. i dont have any experience with buses . i just need to re train and look again for work.
    i see alot of jobs that want you to have about 3 years experience and so on, how and where did you start driving buses, what kinda jobs did you start out on ? just want to get some info on all this .
    I got into the industry as a tour guide and later I obtained the license. Toured Ireland in a green leprachaun clad bus for a few years before leaving to drive tours in Europe. Toured Europe as a driver for a 18-35 tour company during a busy summer season and an equally busy ski season before coming home. Started driving expressway coaches and got word that Dublin Bus were recruiting. I was fortunate to taken on as one of the first new recruits back in March.

I was 21 when I started (I'm 23 now) which is a unusually young age for a coach/bus driver apparently. I was fortunate that I had an employer who was coercing me into getting the license but a lot of drivers get their license and fall at the hurdle of the necessary experience. However the industry is small enough that once you get a start and keep a clean record you will always fall on your feet if you need a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

What are the day to day hours for school bus drivers OP???

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Todd Uncious

Was considering a career as a bus driver have the licence anyone any ideas where I could look in cork for work

Advertisement