Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anything available to auto remove all javascript from a html file?

• 01-06-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to reverse engineer a page and I want to start by stripping everything down so I can view it in a browser with just css and html technology...

I'm looking at a webpage with 1000 lines in Notepad++ and it's taking me ages to collapse all the javascript stuff....

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Regex shouldn't be used to parse HTML, but that said, you could do something like:
    /<script>.*?<\/script>/gi

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

euser1984 wrote: »
    I'm trying to reverse engineer a page and I want to start by stripping everything down so I can view it in a browser with just css and html technology...

You can just disable JavaScript execution in the browser settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭daymobrew

euser1984 wrote: »
    I'm looking at a webpage with 1000 lines in Notepad++ and it's taking me ages to collapse all the javascript stuff....
    Notepad++ can collapse the blocks - click the '-' sign to the left of each 'script' block.

Advertisement