Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sweetie Pies New Menu

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Myself and Boneyarsebogman went back into Sweetie Pies yesterday to try the new menu. We both got the soup, and I had a few of the cupcakes.

Everything was really fresh, which was nice. But definitely a we bit pricey. Love the atmosphere there though.

Any chance I could get a sample of your treats, Acoshla? For... comparison. :p

I'll have to do a boardsies cupcake box for the next meet up, I never make it to them though! I just gave away some cupcakes to a friend this afternoon, I have two here with no homes to go to...there were 3 but I ate one, quality control you understand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

The cupcakes are extremelly expensive- fact.
    But then again my 4 year old daughter loves them so it's a treat.

I'm dissappointed with the new premises- it's very standard/un-fun decor compared to the larger one accross the road.
    I've had sandwiches there a few times (bought vouchers) and find them very plain.....

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Bit off topic, but mentioning because I didn't know the place existed until a few months ago, so might be more of you...have been going to 'petit delice' on mainguard street for the last while, serious noms for both sweet n savoury, and (to my mind at least) very reasonable takeaway/eat-in prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

lampsie wrote: »
    Bit off topic, but mentioning because I didn't know the place existed until a few months ago, so might be more of you...have been going to 'petit delice' on mainguard street for the last while, serious noms for both sweet n savoury, and (to my mind at least) very reasonable takeaway/eat-in prices.

I've heard great things about that place too...have walked in about 4 times, and left again each time, pricey and nothing catches my eye. Rice krispie buns for €1.95 put me off tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Acoshla wrote: »
    I've heard great things about that place too...have walked in about 4 times, and left again each time, pricey and nothing catches my eye. Rice krispie buns for €1.95 put me off tbh.
    Really isnt pricey compared to Sweetie Pies, however, some of the stuff is quite bland e.g Toblerone Cheesecake, Almond Mousse sponge thingy but then they do an unreal Lemon Meringue Tartlet and a very good and big brownie. Their breads and soups are always very good too, three in a bag of day old mixed loaves for €3 is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Really isnt pricey compared to Sweetie Pies, however, some of the stuff is quite bland e.g Toblerone Cheesecake, Almond Mousse sponge thingy but then they do an unreal Lemon Meringue Tartlet and a very good and big brownie. Their breads and soups are always very good too, three in a bag of day old mixed loaves for €3 is good too.

+1 to this.

€3.85/€4 for a Sweetie Pies cupcake must be one of the most ridiculous ways to spend money in the City.

As Alan Partridge would say "they should be wearing a mask and a stripey jumper".

Advertisement