Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'Spell check is complete' keeps popping up

• 24-03-2011 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

When I am in microsoft word and powerpoint, a message keeps popping up saying 'the spell check is complete'.

It even comes up on a new blank documant where there is nothing to check. I can often just press ok in word and its fine for a bit. By a bit, i mean a minute or so. But it keeps coming back up.
    I have a powerpoint presentation to do for college and thats even worse. I have opened a new powerpoint and its there. I press ok but it keeps coming up. I cant do anything at all on powerpoint.
    Its annoying and very unproductive.

Can someone please help me?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Temp solution: http://www.ehow.com/how_10076_turn-automatic-spell.html

Are you using McAfee anti-virus by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Biggins wrote: »
    Temp solution: http://www.ehow.com/how_10076_turn-automatic-spell.html

Are you using McAfee anti-virus by any chance?

Tried turning off spell check. But the problem is still there.

Im using McAfee, is that interfering?

I should also say that I tried Microsoft works and its the same thing there also.

When I am in microsoft word and powerpoint, a message keeps popping up saying 'the spell check is complete'.

It even comes up on a new blank document where there is nothing to check. I can often just press ok in word and it's fine for a bit. By a bit, I mean a minute or so. But it keeps coming back up.
    I have a powerpoint presentation to do for college and that's even worse. I have opened a new powerpoint and it's there. I press ok but it keeps coming up. I can't do anything at all on powerpoint.
    It's annoying and very unproductive.

Can someone please help me?

The spell check is complete

sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Sacramento wrote: »
    The spell check is complete

sorry

Ah thats not funny. I feel like throwing my laptop out the window its so annoying and i have a massive project to do for next week. I really need this fixed.

Ah thats not funny. I feel like throwing my laptop out the window its so annoying and i have a massive project to do for next week. I really need this fixed.

Sorry again, I know how those project deadlines can be. To be honest I'm not sure what's causing your problem. You could try un installing and then reinstalling microsoft office package if you still have the product key to hand.

Do you have anti virus installed on this machine and if so, is it up to date and a recent scan has been done showing your machine to be clean?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Tried turning off spell check. But the problem is still there.

Im using McAfee, is that interfering?

I should also say that I tried Microsoft works and its the same thing there also.

I have researched a bit and it seems that a common trait in some cases is that McAfee might be causing the problem under certain circumstances.
    I'm not 100% sure myself but there is some talk about it. Might be worth looking into by yourself if this is the case - or any other possible virus detection tool that for some rare strange reason, is doing so!

Advertisement