Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using Cannon XL1 , Still Good?

Options
  • 28-01-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi there I use the Canon XM1 for movie making, what do people think of this camera these days. I know it's not HD but the quality is amazing, any thoughts welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

halfmoon wrote: »
    Hi there I use the Canon XM1 for movie making, what do people think of this camera these days. I know it's not HD but the quality is amazing, any thoughts welcome.

I wouldn't say so.
    Things have moved on massively.
    A budget dslr will produce far nicer images and without a lot of the hassle of dv.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 halfmoon

The thing is, this camera feels like a film camera and the results are stunning. I'm still happy with this camera. You have mic inputs and the mic that comes with the camera is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

If you're happy then there's not really much need to ask.

Most indie shooters have moved on to dslrs for the more cinematic qualities they afford.

Advertisement