Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap cd duplication?

Options
  • 09-12-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience making copies of cds in short runs of about 100 or 150? Anywhere in Ireland that'll do it cheap that you know of?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Printed about 200 from these guys a while back. I looked around and they were the cheapest I could find. Excellent quality too. With the Euro - Sterling exchange rate and vat in the UK so low I'd forget looking for somebody in Ireland to print them for you.

That's for full the cd package. They do just discs too if that's what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Thanks.. how much was shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Bout €30 I think. Can't really remember and I'm sure it depends on how much you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I used www.cdduplication.ie this week.

€770 for 700 discs with 7 different designs with glossy finish. Sent the audio and artwork on to them on Monday and I should have the discs tomorrow. A quick turn around was the most important thing for me in this case, so I'm very happy with the service.

I'll let you know to tomorrow if the discs turned out okay... but they sent me a sample already and it looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sandy 67

I use asismediacopy.com. They do Watershield and standard inkjet. Really good job. Online ordering too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i bought myself a cd printer for around 1100 euro. now I can print cds for less than 70c each (includes print and cd).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sandy 67

There are lots of disc printers out there at varying costs. I can get my hands on one that retails for € 1500 + VAT and will print at around € 0.30 per disc on full coverage. Of course you can always take out a second mortgage and go for a Project 37 machine at USD$500,000 or a 2Print machine at around €200,000!! These machines will process 800 to 1500 discs per hour (dependent on coverage, quality setting etc.) and give a cost of under €0.01 per disc. I can also get for € 7500 + VAT a fully automated continuous inkjet system that will produce between 100 and 300 per hour at a cost of around € 0.01 per disc.But you have to be doing the quantity on these things to make them worthwhile. I've been in the duplicating industry for over 20 years and these machines come and go. The basic rule of thumb is usually the cheaper the equipment the more expensive the print. Saying that I know someone who bought two Bravo printers from the States for €1200 each, thrashed the nuts off them for two years and made a killing printing discs. After two years he'd completely wrecked them as they are not intended for this king of high level production. If you need to produce a couple of thousand discs a week you need to be prepared to get your cheque book out. Otherwise go with the cheaper machines and live with the higher print costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

higher costs maybe, but you can print at will and on demand with much lower outlay per run (well obviously not when you add it all up at the end).

We pressed 1000 cds last year (granted they had a very nice 6 side panel cover which you cant do on the cheap) for 1500 euro and I dont know if I'll do that again, especially since these days cds are more for marketing and gig sales than for anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭silversurfer

Advertisement