Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SKYPE- cannot download????

• 04-07-2009 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

Ive been trying to download skype to my PC at home and I just cannot seem to get it to work. When I click download it starts the suddenly stops and says "we are having problems connecting to the download server. To download an alternative installer for Skype, click the "download" button"

When I click it, this comes up

"You'll need to download Skype again then follow the easy steps to install it manually"

So i try that and it says its an unknow file type, do I want to search online for it, i search for it and it says "Windows does not recognize this file type" adn lets me go no further.

This is really irritaing as Im goin away next week and really need it setup before I go.

Has anyone else experienced this and how they fixed it??

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I had that issue with downloading from their own page & it would not download. I never actually found the exact reason for it but it was something to do with my router. When I changed it it allowed me to down from Skype ever since (never found out if it was an MTU issue or not)

Why don't you just download it from HERE: instead?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement