Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Take the site offline

• 04-10-2015 2:18am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi tech guys.

I think the best thing to do now is to take the site offline while it's being fixed. It's at the point now where no matter what I do, it's either vanishing or I get an error.

Just a suggestion.

-Shield.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Agree sort of? If taking the site offline would fix it quicker then I totally agree, if it won't then I don't.

tbh the site is working for me with only a few errors and nothing as bad as yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,659 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

After what I've seen today, I'm not gonna waste time making any more posts til the issues are sorted. Site looks like it's being run by a bunch of clueless script kiddies. (Which may be totally unfair - but it's what I'm seeing today).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Funnily enough with all the other errors including one every time I post there doesn't seem to be a problem with posting. You might however not be able to read your post or any replies to it unless you hit it lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

After what I've seen today, I'm not gonna waste time making any more posts til the issues are sorted. Site looks like it's being run by a bunch of clueless script kiddies. (Which may be totally unfair - but it's what I'm seeing today).

That's a bit harsh and makes you sound like the type of person anyone working in tech support detests dealing with. You're not paying a red cent for accessing the site, use it or don't use it, no skin off anybody's nose, it'll be fixed when it's fixed. Go out and get some fresh air or something

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement