Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AA car servicing

• 23-01-2012 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has used the AA for getting a car serviced? I need the car every day and the idea of having someone do it at the house on a weekend is appealing. Also, the NCT is due in March and there are one or two things I want checked. I'm an AA member BTW.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Id say they will be expensive.
    They are yesterdays organisation trying to diversify into plumbing and gawd kniows what to survive when their breakdown service has been largely usurped by Insurance Recovery services.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

We bought our first car last year and spent a good while looking around for somewhere to service it. The AA was looked at but they were really quite expensive. After a bit more research on here we went with a poster in this forum who works in a reputable garage and is very highly recommended here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ring them and ask them... And let us know what they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

They only do a fairly basic service and check of obvious suspension/brake issues. Obviously without a lift etc the car can't get a proper inspection.

If any issues are spotted they will send you to an AA approved garage to have the work done anyway so IMO it makes more sence to get everything done in one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

↑ ↑
    The good Doc serviced our car and comes highly recommended :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 griff07

Used them myself-fantastic service. Yes probably a little more expensive than some out there at the moment but no more and probably less than what main dealers charge. BUT they come to your home/office wherever you want even at weekends. To me thats worth a little extra. Hassle free and saving my valuable free time is the way I roll!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭maidhc

corktina wrote: »
    Id say they will be expensive.
    They are yesterdays organisation trying to diversify into plumbing and gawd kniows what to survive when their breakdown service has been largely usurped by Insurance Recovery services.

I would have agreed with you until last November when I had a crash on the M50. It is a deeply unpleasant experience when your "insurance recovery service" only has a voicemail. Thankfully the girlfriend had the AA and they recovered the car.

Aviva have a semi decent recovery service, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Advertisement