Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with application directory structure

• 01-06-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

I need to overhaul the directory structure of my application for two reasons:
    1. My application is a codeigniter application currently for mobile only. I'm creating a desktop version and I want to reuse my models
    2. Up to now I've been using FTP to deploy. I want to use GIT but first want to be sure that the directory structure is correct before I do this

My first task is to move codeigniter's system and application folders out of public_html. After that is where I'm at a bit of a loss. Here's how my structure looks right now. I basically need to structure it in such a way that it's easy for me to deploy using GIT to my different dev environments.
    • ROOT
      • app_sync
      • public_html
        • touch.my_app
        • qa.touch.my_app
        • my_app
        • qa.my_app
      • my_app_codeigniter
        • application
        • system

Advertisement