Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stripe - Payment processor

• 24-05-2013 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Have any of you started using Stripe? They started their beta here a few weeks back. It's been in the US for a while.

The cost is 2.9% plus 30 cent per transaction and you don't need a merchant account.

Looks prity good and could be a good replacement / alternative for Realex.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

martyoo wrote: »
    Have any of you started using Stripe? They started their beta here a few weeks back. It's been in the US for a while.

The cost is 2.9% plus 30 cent per transaction and you don't need a merchant account.

Looks prity good and could be a good replacement / alternative for Realex.

Link

Only works in Canada and the U.S at the moment. They are working on getting up and running in Europe though.

One of the founders is Irish so it will be available here at some point

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

There's also www.Paymill.com which is being pushed as the European equivalent of Stripe (Samwer brothers strike again).

Similar charging structure/setup.

Had a quick look and the integration looks fairly straightforward, no further experience of them yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Only works in Canada and the U.S at the moment. They are working on getting up and running in Europe though.

It's working here now John.
    There's also Paymill.com which is being pushed as the European equivalent of Stripe (Samwer brothers strike again).

Thanks will check it out.

martyoo wrote: »
    It's working here now John.

I registered for an Account but could only choose US or Canada as my country? Is there a link for the Irish account setup?

Interestingly I came across this post from one of the guys involved in getting it set up, and why it started in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Might just be in beta in Ireland at the moment, got an email a few days ago about it. Had completely forgotten about it, must have been over a year since I looked at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

I registered for an Account but could only choose US or Canada as my country? Is there a link for the Irish account setup?

Not sure. I signed up to the beta about a year ago and then I just got an email a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stopandstare

Really looking forward to Stripe in the market, have been watching them for a while. I will potentially be interested in using them but am a few months off needing it yet. Let us know how you get on Martyoo!

Just found this: Stripe to go in to Beta in Ireland before hitting the rest of Europe.

Ya gotta admit, their first venture obviously wasn't just luck. I read about their Ebay automation tool a few years back, and here they are again!

Advertisement