Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accepted a Course, but haven't been told when I start?

Options
  • 01-09-2014 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

So when the first round offers came out I accepted a place in ITT, and soon after received an automated email to say that a Welcome pack would be sent out to me.

I still haven't received anything by post, and haven't had any other emails.

Should I try get in contact with the college or is this normal? Friends going to other colleges already have dates of when they are starting and I'm starting to get a little worried!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kennydapro

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So when the first round offers came out I accepted a place in ITT, and soon after received an automated email to say that a Welcome pack would be sent out to me.

I still haven't received anything by post, and haven't had any other emails.

Should I try get in contact with the college or is this normal? Friends going to other colleges already have dates of when they are starting and I'm starting to get a little worried!

Hey Nimrod,

It is a concern that your package hasn't arrived today, although registration commencement dates can be found in the following link:

www(dot)it-tallaght.ie/contentfiles/Documents/Registrar%27s%20Office/registration/1st%20year%20registration%20Web%20notice%20&%20schedule.pdf

European Studies will be the first class to register (5th of September at 11:00am at Room 029), and Erasmus/Chinese students being the last (12th of September, 10:15am, 029/025). You can find the course you are studying there.

However, I should reiterate that it's important you inquire as to why it hasn't arrived...mine hasn't, either! :(

Best of luck in your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Cheers for that Kenny! I would probably have missed it without that link!

I don't suppose you know who we'd enquire to about our packs? Is there an email or phone for the registrations office?

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Cheers for that Kenny! I would probably have missed it without that link!

I don't suppose you know who we'd enquire to about our packs? Is there an email or phone for the registrations office?

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that, sorry!

You can contact either the Student's Administration Office/Registar's Office:

Registrar's Office: brendan.harte(at)ittdublin.ie

Student's Administration Office: catherine.sheridan(at)ittdublin.ie

Additionally, you can enquire to other student offices, with the list of offices here:

www(dot)it-tallaght.ie/contactus

Thanks very much! I've sent an email to Brendan Harte and will see if I get a reply. If not I'll try the other ones too.

Let me know if you get a reply from them or your pack arrives!

• Advertisement

Sure thing! Which course are you going to study?

Mechanical Engineering - TA222

Yourself?

ah, I'll be reading European Studies - TA021.

Just got a reply there from the college, the packs were all sent out in today's post, so we'll have them this week :)

Yeah, Brendan Harte just replied to me too. Hopefully we'll get it on Tuesday or Wednesday :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Just an fyi for you guys. Dropped by the college today and asked about the parcels and they informed me that the registration packs had been completed yesterday (never asked for any specific courses though!). However i've just received 3 emails from itt, one states that we're to pick up our registration pack on the day of registration, but another states that it'll be delivered within 2/3 days! They seem almost as confused as we all are :s

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ohgodhelp

Just an fyi for you guys. Dropped by the college today and asked about the parcels and they informed me that the registration packs had been completed yesterday (never asked for any specific courses though!). However i've just received 3 emails from itt, one states that we're to pick up our registration pack on the day of registration, but another states that it'll be delivered within 2/3 days! They seem almost as confused as we all are :s

I dropped by today and was told they were still making their way out.. :/ Was also told I'd receive an e-mail or a call regarding registration/induction, have heard nothing yet. Any idea who's best to contact regarding this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

No idea, but don't worry as i am sure you'll soon get your emails as well.

EDIT: ACtually, just checked my email. I received an email from Maria.Donohue@ittdublin.ie so maybe you can contact her?

ohgodhelp wrote: »
    I dropped by today and was told they were still making their way out.. :/ Was also told I'd receive an e-mail or a call regarding registration/induction, have heard nothing yet. Any idea who's best to contact regarding this?

Here's what could be going on. Registration packs are received via mail; it could be mandatory for ITT that they dispatch them to all first year undergraduates. The packages could be delivered to different dates for first/second years as each packet contains submission forms with your personal information. However, maybe for different courses they are collected at the office (or copies are made for all?) I dunno, I'd definitely enquire PurpleVintage/ohgodhelp!

BTW, there is a leaflet enclosed which reveals workshop times for 1st years. Here are the dates:

All workshops occur from 2:30 to 3:30 and 3:30 to 4:30:

Humanities: 5th of September - Room 201/203 // 8th-12th of September - Room 114
    Engineering: 8th of September - Room 208/209 // 9th-12th of September - Room 114
    Business: 10th - 11th of September - Room 201/203 // 12th of September - Room 114
    Hospitality/Culinary Arts: 11th ofSeptember-Room 201/203 //12th of September - Room 114
    International students: 12th of September in Room 201/203

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

So who is going to IT Tallaght this year? I accepted level 7 Computing today (TA312)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 leahcct5

OriginV wrote: »
    So who is going to IT Tallaght this year? I accepted level 7 Computing today (TA312)

I AM! Im doing advertising and marketing communications and im sooooo excited! Are you from dublin?

leahcct5 wrote: »
    I AM! Im doing advertising and marketing communications and im sooooo excited! Are you from dublin?
    Nice one! Nope I am from Mayo so a bit of a trek, going up tomorrow to try and get accomidation

Nice one! Nope I am from Mayo so a bit of a trek, going up tomorrow to try and get accomidation

Awh that's a pain. Did you just finish your leaving cert or are you a mature applicant?

Awh that's a pain. Did you just finish your leaving cert or are you a mature applicant?
    Very annoying, leaving now to try and find accommodation... I just did the LC you?

Very annoying, leaving now to try and find accommodation... I just did the LC you?

Same here! Do you know anyone going to itt also? Any of your mayo friends? Good luck finding accommodation. Are you going into the college to talk to the accommodation officer or are you finding it yourself?

• Advertisement

Same here! Do you know anyone going to itt also? Any of your mayo friends? Good luck finding accommodation. Are you going into the college to talk to the accommodation officer or are you finding it yourself?
    Yes one of the lads in my year accepted the level 8 Computing course but that's all I know off, I have a few places I just found online that I will look at hoping to put down a deposit on something today

Yes one of the lads in my year accepted the level 8 Computing course but that's all I know off, I have a few places I just found online that I will look at hoping to put down a deposit on something today

Well good luck! Might see you in September! Add me on FB if you want, Leah Cecilia Tierney, or on twitter @leahcct :) And thats good you know someone, you could ask them to houseshare?? haha

Well good luck! Might see you in September! Add me on FB if you want, Leah Cecilia Tierney, or on twitter @leahcct :) And thats good you know someone, you could ask them to houseshare?? haha
    Thank you 😠You also! Sadly not this year he had accommodation got all reduced a few months back but ai couldn't risk that as I didn't know where I would get placed.

Thank you 😠You also! Sadly not this year he had accommodation got all reduced a few months back but ai couldn't risk that as I didn't know where I would get placed.

Yeah although I live in Dublin and only like a 15/20 min drive from the college, I dont drive, and theres no bus near me to Tallaght so im probably gonna have to get a bus into the city centre and back out, which is a pain, but atleast Im not travelling from another county! Haha

Yeah although I live in Dublin and only like a 15/20 min drive from the college, I dont drive, and theres no bus near me to Tallaght so im probably gonna have to get a bus into the city centre and back out, which is a pain, but atleast Im not travelling from another county! Haha
    You actually do not realize how lucky you are, But that would be very sickening having to go all the way in and out again

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cathalrab

I'm also doing level 7 in Computing and I'm from Longford, I have family in Tallaght but I'm hoping to find accommodation

cathalrab wrote: »
    I'm also doing level 7 in Computing and I'm from Longford, I have family in Tallaght but I'm hoping to find accommodation
    Did you find accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cathalrab

Did you find accommodation

I had no luck finding any, I've looked into digs but I'd prefer student accommodation tbh! Or even a house share, I'm staying with my family in Tallaght temporarily until I can find some sort of accommodation

cathalrab wrote: »
    I had no luck finding any, I've looked into digs but I'd prefer student accommodation tbh! Or even a house share, I'm staying with my family in Tallaght temporarily until I can find some sort of accommodation
    Yeah I am pretty much exactly the same, looking like I have to stay in digs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 hilyardo

I got accepted too :) my registrtion pack came in the post a few days ago tho which is pretty handy

Advertisement