Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introduce yourself / Roll call 2011-2012

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    9am start every day! :( I was having nightmares of double maths first thing on Monday, that would be incredibly cruel. Thankfully it didn't happen. Half day on Friday is great news :D

Your brain can't function that early. It's impossible. Unless you're filled with caffeine. And crack cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Got a Window's 7 computer today. Someone must have screwed up and put them in the wrong class :pac:

54 people across four classes this time last year. Down to 18 and one class now. Expect another couple to drop off after Christmas. Thats when the numbers took a nosedive last year. Only starting second year too. There'll be hardly anyone by the time fourth year comes around!
    theGavin wrote: »
    Your brain can't function that early. It's impossible. Unless you're filled with caffeine. And crack cocaine.

Unless I was drinking the night before I tend to be wide awake within ten minutes of getting out of bed so I was grand this morning, but the afternoon screwed me up. An hour for lunch, then an hour in class, then an hour and a half of nothing, then another half hour of class. I was already switched off and gone home mentally by the time the last class started! Only a couple of hours ago and I havent a clue what the class was about :o

How was your first day back?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How was your first day back?

Was grand. We were informed that we will be trying some different stuff this year, to keep up with industry standards or something or other.

Was thrown straight into lab work, which is always nice :p A few Erasmus students are in my class, they seem sound enough.

All those young people today, who were smiling and filled with hope...were they first years?

Advertisement