Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodyboarding in Clare

• 20-04-2012 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Been thinking of busting out the bodyboard for the craic, and the only place (without naming names obviously) I can think of with nice big dumps in shallow water is Spanish Point. I have had a few bad experiences there on a longboard....:(

Anyone on here do much bodyboarding at all in Clare? You don't see many bodyboarders about on the regular beaches, mainly kids goofing around in knee high water!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭killedsirius

my brother is a big fan of the SP reefs for his bodyboarding, especially the one under the nuns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

YEah, seems like SP could be a good bodyboarding beach on good days, as the waves break in shallow water, could be too dangerous for some surfers, especially over by the rocks....

anyone know a good place to get fin socks in Clare/Limk?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

seachto7 wrote: »
    I got mine in tubes but that's closed now so the only place to go is River Deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BZ

I bodyboard a lot down the clare coast best spots i find are lahinch,spanish point beach when it rarely works now a days and doonbeg which can be big and breaks shallow.I have another spot i go when the conditions are right but im keeping quiet on that one.I got my fin socks in oceanscene in lahinch otherwise river deep will stock good one's.

• Advertisement

I have socks but they are open, as in they cover your toes, but just have a wrap around at the ankle. Would be nice to get ones to cover all the feet.
    Yeah, going to start throwing the bodyboard into the car, and if it's too challenging for the board, or breaking shallow, it might be nice to be able to thrash around on the bodyboard...

lahinch surf shop should sell socks. alder ones i think. not sure if he does good fins. I got my mantas on the net

I have fins already, just want to keep the toes warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

I got a pair in Oceanscene-dirt cheap too :)

Cool, just tapping the fingers now waiting for a wave.........:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Fanore can be pretty good if the conditions are right.Some days though you'd be wasting your time down there.

looked alright the last few days, no car. raging. got it back from mechanic, and looks like it is dying down the weekend....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'm heading to Fanore tomorrow evening so hopefully there's a bit of surf there.Bringing the GoPro so it should be good.

Ok to resurect an old thread?

I have been having difficulty on my bodyboard. I know there are lots of reasons why this may be so. But I often feel like it's a struggle to keep it afloat.

http://www.circle-one.co.uk/bodyboards/ultra/

It's a 42 inch board.

I know I have been trying to catch waves that would be too big for my ability as a longboarder. I often feel like a "bigger" bodyboard under me would allow me more "floatation"? I'm about 6ft 1, and normal build. Should I look at a bigger one perhaps?

Any waves I do catch on it, I feel like I am weighing it down or something....

Maybe it's just my technique....?

Ok to resurect an old thread?

I have been having difficulty on my bodyboard. I know there are lots of reasons why this may be so. But I often feel like it's a struggle to keep it afloat.

http://www.circle-one.co.uk/bodyboards/ultra/

It's a 42 inch board.

I know I have been trying to catch waves that would be too big for my ability as a longboarder. I often feel like a "bigger" bodyboard under me would allow me more "floatation"? I'm about 6ft 1, and normal build. Should I look at a bigger one perhaps?

Any waves I do catch on it, I feel like I am weighing it down or something....

Maybe it's just my technique....?

check out bodyboard HQ. You may have the wrong board for waves you surf etc. Don't be tempted to go longer, maybe fatter or wider is the answer. Ask Bodyboard HQ, they're pretty good

Yup, that's the "feeling" I get when I am on it. I often feel like I would be more comfortable on a bigger or fatter board...

Advertisement