The Clerical Child Abuse Thread (merged) - Page 249 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-06-2016, 14:00   #3721
PopePalpatine

The Catholic Church's attempts at derailing new legislation in Pennsylvania - which would allow sexual abuse survivors to file for civil action until they're 50 (it's 30 at the moment) have been "mafia-like", says one Republican legislator. Catholic Republican legislators say they were "crushed", "angered" and "disappointed" when named and shamed on their local parish bulletins for supporting this legislation and being disinvited from RCC events.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-06-2016, 14:15   #3722
Cabaal
Cat Herding Mod

Business as usual so, sickening, disgusting and twisted business as usual.

Anything they can do to protect the church, nothings changed at all.
(3) thanks from:
21-06-2016, 14:37   #3723
lazygal

Not even slightly surprised by this. Business as usual, in all senses of the word.
22-06-2016, 18:37   #3724
Kiwi in IE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopePalpatine View Post
The RCC in the state of New York spent $2.1m over 2007-15 on lobbying against stronger laws on child abuse: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2655010
Are good, decent people who are putting money into the collection plates every Sunday properly aware of this?
22-06-2016, 18:55   #3725
Cabaal
Cat Herding Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi in IE View Post
Are good, decent people who are putting money into the collection plates every Sunday properly aware of this?
In my experience alot people put blinkers on and pretend they didn't hear of such sickening stuff, sort of the same as the abuse in Ireland.

The church could really have redeemed itself in Ireland if its followers got out and openly protested about the church's refusal to deal with compensation for victims, UN investigations etc. Instead we hear mostly silence.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-06-2016, 07:54   #3726
aloyisious

Interesting and good concept on helping the homeless. Maybe I am being a tad sceptical with regard to the Govt and the religious orders, but it has me wondering if this may end up as part of the reparation deal re land in lieu of cash done with the religious orders for their part in the scandals.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/socia...land-1.2695336
05-07-2016, 09:23   #3727
PopePalpatine

Tony Walsh (aka "The Singing Priest") faces a maximum of two years for raping a boy, as he committed it when it would have only counted as "indecent assault".

Words fail me.
05-07-2016, 10:56   #3728
aloyisious

Noted it was his defence, Ciaran O'Loughlin SC, who pointed out to the judge that, as the latest complaint was made in 2011, years before the last trial in 2015, it could have been included in the book of evidence and charges at that trial, "concurrent sentences passed then, your honour". It's a wonder he didn't try the "it was deliberate slowness by the prosecution to get an extra trial & extra conviction and sentence" claim. I don't know if the DPP is tied down to using the original legislation against defendants existing at the time of the offence/s or if the current or optional legislaton can be used.

I'd imagine his choice of rape implement would cause severe upset to his fellow clergy, no matter what faith he belonged to.
21-07-2016, 13:00   #3729
Thinkingaboutit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopePalpatine View Post
Tony Walsh (aka "The Singing Priest") faces a maximum of two years for raping a boy, as he committed it when it would have only counted as "indecent assault".

Words fail me.
Also JP2, well his officials, also did a bit of a go slow on laicising him, but if one recalls that sordid tale of Marcial Maciel, Founder of the Legionaries of Christ, that isn't surprising.
Advertisement
22-07-2016, 18:48   #3730
Cabaal
Cat Herding Mod

You know what,
I'm actually surprised that a sex abuse victim hasn't tried to murder their abuser at this stage, especially when they encounter such lax sentencing when the issue goes to court.
23-07-2016, 03:58   #3731
Absolam

This one did.

So did this one.

And this one.
And this one.

I'd be surprised if there were any victims who didn't at least entertain the notion to be honest.
23-07-2016, 04:17   #3732
FluffyAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabaal View Post
You know what,
I'm actually surprised that a sex abuse victim hasn't tried to murder their abuser at this stage, especially when they encounter such lax sentencing when the issue goes to court.
I'm making inroads on the above,all i need is to work out how to hold a gun/knife while eating ice cream(i want to kill him in cold blood)..

i have only spotted this thread and will in time input..

btw,the above is a joke(i don't need ice cream)
Yesterday, 11:21   #3733
Delirium

Send a message via MSN to Delirium Send a message via Skype™ to Delirium
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyAngel View Post
I'm making inroads on the above,all i need is to work out how to hold a gun/knife while eating ice cream(i want to kill him in cold blood)..

i have only spotted this thread and will in time input..

btw,the above is a joke(i don't need ice cream)
MOD NOTE

A thread on child abuse really isn't the appropriate place for joke telling.

It's a serious discussion thread, so please modify any future contributions to reflect that.

Thanks for your attention.
Today, 21:07   #3734
FluffyAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
MOD NOTE

A thread on child abuse really isn't the appropriate place for joke telling.

It's a serious discussion thread, so please modify any future contributions to reflect that.

Thanks for your attention.
Thanks Delirium,as a person who was abused i make no apology for using humour as a way of dealing with it..

please note that i made no reference to other people and their hurt, i use humour to make the journey easier ..

if i said i want to kill him/them then i could be charged with an offence,humour has always being used as a medium to express..

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion