Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wallets

• 15-06-2015 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm looking to purchase a nice wallet for the old lad for Fathers Day, ideally a nice leather that's compact and will hold a number of cards. Just wondering if you have any suggestions as it seems to be a bit of a minefield? Ideally something I can purchase online and get delivered directly in the UK.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Google Secrid wallet..they look pretty nice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Tommy Hilfiger have a decent selection of wallets for reasonable prices

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

boobar wrote: »
    Google Secrid wallet..they look pretty nice

I have one of them and it is really nice and good quality

You wouldn't carry a wad of cash in it as it isn't built for it, anything more that 5 notes and it starts to bulge a bit but it holds plenty of cards and has a nice push mechanism and comes in a range of finishes

The only reason I haven't bought one for my dad is he tend to carry cash for business in his wallet and this would really suit for that, for every day use though they are very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I have a Gianni Conti leather wallet for a good few years. Nice bitta kit, elegant, useful and hard-wearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Search Amazon UK for Visconti wallet.
    Nice quality at a reasonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I have one of them and it is really nice and good quality

You wouldn't carry a wad of cash in it as it isn't built for it, anything more that 5 notes and it starts to bulge a bit but it holds plenty of cards and has a nice push mechanism and comes in a range of finishes

The only reason I haven't bought one for my dad is he tend to carry cash for business in his wallet and this would really suit for that, for every day use though they are very nice
    I actually bought one yesterday and then I saw this thread. I'm very impressed with it. I don't carry a lot of cash so it suits me fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I have an Alpine Swiss slim wallet. I don't carry more than a note or two with some paper cards in the center part. It has space for two cards on each side. They have bifold ones as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

tgt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Search Amazon UK for Visconti wallet.
    Nice quality at a reasonable price.

I was looking through some old posts and realised I completely forgot to come back to this thread. Apologies but thanks for the suggestions all, I appreciate the time you took to give me some ideas.

In the end I went for this one posted by Gran Hermano. It went down a treat thankfully. It was very reasonably priced and looks much more expensive than it is given it comes in a lovely gift box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Paully D wrote: »
    I was looking through some old posts and realised I completely forgot to come back to this thread. Apologies but thanks for the suggestions all, I appreciate the time you took to give me some ideas.

In the end I went for this one posted by Gran Hermano. It went down a treat thankfully. It was very reasonably priced and looks much more expensive than it is given it comes in a lovely gift box.

They do look pretty nice actually. Is it slim? I have a lovely caramel brown suede one that I got on Etsy but it's designed for dollars. Gets a bit awkward with anything bigger than a €20 note.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭skallywag

Bellroy do a very nice wallet, I recently bought one. Has room for all the essentials and is very compact.

Advertisement