Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cyanogenmod not working with Parrot handsfree kit

Options
  • 27-01-2014 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 which was running Android v4.1.2 (i think). It was the standard sw from Meteor which was updated over the air, so included the usual extra apps. I have been having some problems with the phone hanging lately, so thought it would be a good idea to flash a new ROM.
    First I flashed Carbon 1.8 ROM (Android 4.2.2), After installing this I was not able to make calls on the Parrot handsfree in my car. The contacts would sync successfully, but I could not dial out. I tried my old Bluetooth headset (Sony Ericsson) and this had no issues.
    Thinking it was ROM issue, I then installed Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 (Android 4.2.2) but I am having the same issue.
    Has anyone any suggestions how to get the phone working with the Parrot? Do I need a new dialer app?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Have you tried updating the firmware on the Parrot kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

The latest version of firmware is on the Parrot (v2.20). The parrot was working fine with the phone before I changed the ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Have you deleted all the old pairings on the car kit?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had an S2 with cyanogenmod and never had an issue. Is your bluetooth working on the phone now?

Do the usual, delete any paired devices, start afresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

Deleted old pairings, working now. Should have been the first thing I did!
    Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement