Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Problem- Not working!!

• 15-12-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi Lads
    I bought a ps3 a couple of years ago.
    It is the old fatty ps3, i think its the 40gb but was perfect for me.

Ok Lads here is the problem.
    This ps3 worked perfect for years and it stopped reading disc's a couple of months ago. but wait!!! I took it apart to see what lazer it needed so i bought the 1 i needed on ebay, KES-400A. I changed the blu ray and it worked perfect :D!! I thought all my birthdays and christmas's came at once. then it stopped working a month later again and seemed to be the same problem but the blu ray was on a 3month warranty so i sent it back and he sent me a new 1 but it didnt work and the guy said he tested it before he sent it and it was 100% working.
    The disc go's in perfect and spins the disc but wont read.
    So i tried switching a few parts like cables and drive to my brothers ps3 which is the same as mine and still not working :(. Tried switching some of he's to mine and still not working.

So long story short what else would be gone in the ps3 other then the drive, blu-ray lazer, connecters.
    Has this ever happened to someone and found a fix?
    Or is it time to boot it out the door and give up?

Any help is appreciated lads,

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JimmyS28

Had the same problem with my PS3.The disc icon would just spin away in the corner but the game wouldn't come on. I took out the blu-ray player to replace it but it seemed like too much hassle to find the part so I just bought a new PS3 instead. Your welcome to my old 40gb for 30 euro if you want it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Cheap shoddy Hong Kong based replacements are more trouble than their worth, even if its a local or UK seller - chances are their stock is bought in bulk from HK.

Its a real pain trying to find a retailer who supplies proper replacement lasers

Advertisement