Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

dance tempos

Options
  • 05-04-2012 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Our drummer has left us in a hurry (no problem, he got a job offer and had to grab it) so we're trying to set up a drum machine as a very temporary measure. Anyone know what tempos we should set it to for waltzes or quicksteps?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Cork guitarist

Come on, 25 people read this and not one answer! If anyone can help before tomorrow evening, we'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Waltzes are in 3/4 and you'd get the tempo from playing the music and tapping out the beat. There's a load of beat (tempo) finder online tools you can use for free.

http://www.drumbot.com/projects/tap_bpm/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Cork guitarist

Thanks for that. Some songs are different.This is a one-off thing we're doing and I'm told that dancers can be fairly about their tempos. I've heard that waltzes are set at 138 bpm and I'm wondering about quicksteps and slow dances.

Advertisement