Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My head's banging, the cat peed on the sitting room floor, I'm not tired but should go to bed, I miss my boyfriend, and am annoyed at a million other things, humph!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

AGH stupid wisdom tooth!! A teeny tiny corner of it is poking out and it's making my whole mouth hurt! :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Acoshla wrote: »
    My head's banging, the cat peed on the sitting room floor, I'm not tired but should go to bed, I miss my boyfriend, and am annoyed at a million other things, humph!

Does a panda eating a cake help? :)
    731-OMGpets.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bubblefett wrote: »
    Does a panda eating a cake help? :)

Panda yes, cake, no :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Love that Pic!

Going to Navan tomoro to see my bestie!Too excited to sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

430427_10151382887065562_564520561_23224748_931041239_n_1siv_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

128686470982454358.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Kiera wrote: »
    It's a great thread, Mollikins. You should be very proud of it :)

Thanks Kiera. :)

College is really getting me down atm and depression is rearing its ugly head once again. :( I’m trying my best, both with college work and my mood, but it’s just not enough.

I’m sick from stressing about the assignments that are due in the next week and couldn’t go to the midnight showing of the Hunger Games tonight with my friends and we’ve been looking forward to it for weeks and weeks. Not fair. :(

I just need it to be Easter time *now* before I crack up. Going to bed soon and I hope I can get a decent night’s sleep because I really need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Mollikins wrote: »

College is really getting me down atm and depression is rearing its ugly head once again. :( I’m trying my best, both with college work and my mood, but it’s just not enough.

I’m sick from stressing about the assignments that are due in the next week and couldn’t go to the midnight showing of the Hunger Games tonight with my friends and we’ve been looking forward to it for weeks and weeks. Not fair. :(

I just need it to be Easter time *now* before I crack up. Going to bed soon and I hope I can get a decent night’s sleep because I really need it.

Hugs, I know that feeling. Hope you are all right Mollikins x

So it's 2am. Since 10pm I have made 3 lasagne's, 2 big dishes of chicken bake, made 2 bannoffi pies, baked and iced 50 cupcakes, sorted out 50 sets of cutlery, and cleaned the kitchen about 4 times. Done 3 lots of washing up. I have to be up at 6.45 to make another 5 salads, get myself and lady washed, dressed, made up and semi-respectable looking, breakfasted and out to meet the photographer at 10am.

I'll be lucky if I have any hair left by the end of tomorrow. If I don't get a chance to pop online at some stage happy Friday to you all! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Feel like all I ever do is bitch and moan lately, some might say thats all I ever do :D but so sick of this feckin cold now, finally fought it off last week then I was stopped in my tracks by a stupid neck injury then my stupid dad got sick and as usual coughed and sneezed all over all of us cos he's a prick, now I'm sick again. 4 weeks. 4 feckin weeks of feeling like crap. Just. Want. A. Bloody. Break. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Wide awake for the past hour and just can't get back to sleep even though I'm wrecked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

So..my friend is getting married today. Still not sure how I feel about it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Why? What's going on? Did i miss something?

HAPPY FRIDAY LOUNGERS

Off for a yummy Moroccan dinner tonight with the girlies and lots of dancing :)

Why? What's going on? Did i miss something?

HAPPY FRIDAY LOUNGERS

Off for a yummy Moroccan dinner tonight with the girlies and lots of dancing :)

She's 19!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I have a friend who started AA a few months back, which is brilliant and exactly what she needs, but she's at the high-horse stage of proceedings and it's slightly irritating.

I told her that a guy I know was in a car accident and her first question, without knowing him from Adam, is "was it drink related?" Unless he was having a clandestine tipple at his desk before driving home I'm fairly certain it wasn't.

Then I happened to mention that I was looking forward to my Friday night bottle of ale and she immediately told me not to go overboard. *Sigh*

It's getting hard not to tell her to feck off. She was like this when she got married too (after 6 months), she was all knowing about marriage and dishing out advice to me about my 8 year relationship.

She's the best in the world, but sometimes I just want to throttle her, LOL.

She's 19!!

Oh! That's very young. Is there a shotgun involved?

She's 19!!

Oh! That's very young. Is there a shotgun involved?

Nope!! Shes not mature enough to get married which makes me worry. I know shes going to rush into having children.

And its.a catholic wedding and shes no more catholic than the man on the moon..

Nope!! Shes not mature enough to get married which makes me worry. I know shes going to rush into having children.

And its.a catholic wedding and shes no more catholic than the man on the moon..

I know it’s a massive thing but you’ve gotta let people make their own mistakes and just be there if the fail. Sucks, but its better than losing a friend over it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

She's 19!!

:eek: That is insanity IMO. Is there a reason she's getting married so young?

Id never ever say it to her. But still...

And id hate to start my married life knowing mam and dad had paid for it all?? Is that just me??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i'd have said it to her long before it got to this stage

now all you can do is be there

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

How old is her soon-to-be-husband?

awec wrote: »
    Married at 19, yikes!

You've a long way to go to 19, Duck :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Married at nineteen? :eek: Jeez I am twenty one and have zero intention of getting married for another decade at least :o

As for kids, total no-no for me, regardless of my age.

And my parents paying for it would be a total no-no. If I want a wedding, big or small then I'll pay for it, and if I can't afford the wedding I want, then I'd just wait until I had saved enough to pay for it or else scale it back to something I could afford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

And my parents paying for it would be a total no-no. If I want a wedding, big or small then I'll pay for it, and if I can't afford the wedding I want, then I'd just wait until I had saved enough to pay for it or else scale it back to something I could afford.

My parents paid for my wedding reception. We had completely planned to pay for everything ourselves but they offered and I was happy to accept. We had the exact same wedding we would have had had we been paying for it ourselves, but I really appreciated it.

In other news, no word since from date guy. Two weeks of almost constant texting and then he just decides to ignore me. They really are from Mars.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Married at 19 :eek: A girl I went to school with got married last year (26) and even then I was shocked!

Hes early 20s.

@Honey; at least you intended to pay and had planned. She hasnt. Theres no way shed be getting married now if she was paying.

Shes still a child herself like.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Honey-ec wrote: »
    My parents paid for my wedding reception. We had completely planned to pay for everything ourselves but they offered and I was happy to accept. We had the exact same wedding we would have had had we been paying for it ourselves, but I really appreciated it.

In other news, no word since from date guy. Two weeks of almost constant texting and then he just decides to ignore me. They really are from Mars.

that wrecks my head, last time I went on a date I got the same, got on grand, had a good night and then nada, like if someone isnt interested is it really that hard to say it?
    I'm not made of glass and going to become a celibate hermit because one girl isnt interested, it happens, you meet people, sometimes you dont click, move on. But to meet someone just completely ignore them afterwards is infuriating, even a text saying look I just dont think there was a spark and it wouldnt work, fine, least you know!

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »

That’s kinda like my cousin. She said no to her Dad paying for her wedding and did it all the way she wanted to. Her Dad went and stuck the 40k :eek: into her bank account the day she got married. Insane amount i know, but it was the wedding she wanted.

As for date guy, feck him. On to the next :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement