Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

I'm sick at home today and thought wouldn't it be great to have a cheer-up thread... and there it was!

Share links with me, if you're bored and come across funny stuff online like this video: (always makes me laugh without fail)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXXm696UbKY

:D

Any other videos/articles/jokes you would like to share, ladies?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Honey-ec wrote: »
    The one mentioned a page or two back by Krudler. You might use it to describe a particularly succulent cake or muffin!

Actually, succulent is borderline too, now that I think of it...

throbbing is another one. I'm gonna spend the rest of the day at work thinking of words that sound horrible lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Today the boss told me that after Easter I will be losing Wednesdays, eek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

krudler wrote: »
    throbbing is another one. I'm gonna spend the rest of the day at work thinking of words that sound horrible lol

I dare you to get throbbing into a sentence with your next customer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

tatabubbly wrote: »
    There are total scum living in ireland atm.

Just a warning to people too, my step-grandad has just got beaten up, tied up and robbed in his house in Dundalk. So if anyone here knows anyone who lives on their own, go and check on them regularly. The ***** took money he was saving for my parents wedding, his pension, his wedding ring and all!!!

So angry and upset about this!
    That is awful Tata, sorry to hear it.
    I could lie down and cry cos our baby has reflux and colic and I am exhausted beyond belief. It just seems like it will never end... :(
    Hopefully you'll get some time to yourself soon.

Been in agony all day with my back, think I've a kidney infection :( Doctor tomorrow.

Boyfriend calling in for dinner tonight, can't wait to see him :)

Going to wash my hair now and use the Percy and Reed mask I got free with a magazine :) Hope it's nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Spawn is another horrible word IMO.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I think crusty is the worst word, ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I practically twitch every time I hear the word 'lush' , ohhh it's awful

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm going out for dinner and drinks. Take that, endocrine system essay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm confused, it says the thread has moved. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Feeling very bleh today, best friend leaving the country for good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just updated my blog people! I made a scarf with Can Can yarn and it's so pretty! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Roll on 8pm and let me outa here :D

Looking forward to a good weekend with a great friend. There'll be some divilment had:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Daisies wrote: »
    Roll on 8pm and let me outa here :D

Looking forward to a good weekend with a great friend. There'll be some divilment had:cool:

Ha, divilment, thats a great word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I hope your step-grandad is okay Tatabubbly, that must have been a horrific experience. Scumbags :(

Aaand after a 10 day break, my tonsillitis has returned. FMeffingL.

Pembily wrote: »
    I'm confused, it says the thread has moved. :confused:
    Yeah I'm getting that too on my phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

the "cheer you up" thread was merged into this one and is on the last page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

This week has been so crappy. Once tomorrow is over things will hopefully be better but I feel tremendously overwhelmed, primarily by things that are outside of my control.

I got a First in the essay I got back today, though. That made me smile. And I have so many fun things planned next week, can't wait. So things will get better I'm sure. It's just really crap now, unfortunately :(

bluewolf wrote: »

What? I am confused!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

<freud>So krudler, all the words that bother you are related to the act of sexual intercourse. Would you like to talk about it?</freud>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

My uncle has a pub in Chicago, and he was on the most popular morning news show in Chicago this morning cooking :D He did GREAT and I'm so proud :D

Apart from the american host who did the worst Irish accent ever.. The proclaimed she learned how to do an irish accent from watching "Billy Elliot"

*facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Feel very ill indeed. This is due to drinking far too much coffee at work since the cafe next door kept bringing in free ones for some reason, and then coming home and stumbling across an article about how ken barlow from coronation st was apparently a complete manwhore. Urgh.

bluewolf wrote: »

Can we have a seperate cheer-up thread??? Please please please, moderators! I tried to start on but it was moved :(
    I sometime don't feel like reading more sad stories when I'm sad miself.. they make me sadder. (A lot of sad in that sentence :D
    So let's have a Prozac thread with loads of funny youtube videos, pictures of hot guys and chocolate cake! :D Pleeeeeeeeeeease!

Can we have a seperate cheer-up thread??? Please please please, moderators! I tried to start on but it was moved :(
    I sometime don't feel like reading more sad stories when I'm sad miself.. they make me sadder. (A lot of sad in that sentence :D
    So let's have a Prozac thread with loads of funny youtube videos, pictures of hot guys and chocolate cake! :D Pleeeeeeeeeeease!

It was tried before, it's just an emotions thread now!

Pembily wrote: »
    It was tried before, it's just an emotions thread now!

See, now you mad me sad :( Just joking...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Might I suggest this forum for exclusively happinesseses :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My neck really hurts. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Here Roadtrippin. I just read this and nearly died laughing, so it should go someway to cheering you up.

Shuttle-Riding Bat Dies The Most Glorious Death Imaginable

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Here Roadtrippin. I just read this and nearly died laughing, so it should go someway to cheering you up.

Shuttle-Riding Bat Dies The Most Glorious Death Imaginable
    It's his 2 yr anniversary today. RIP little spacebat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    My uncle has a pub in Chicago, and he was on the most popular morning news show in Chicago this morning cooking :D He did GREAT and I'm so proud :D

Apart from the american host who did the worst Irish accent ever.. The proclaimed she learned how to do an irish accent from watching "Billy Elliot"

*facepalm*

Which pub?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement