Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

• 02-03-2011 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Tis a mite chilly this evening...come sit a spell beside the fire, put your feet up and while away a few hours in the company of Oulwans 'n' Oulfellas.....:)

*throws another log on the fire and re-fills glass*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

*Looks around*...hmmmm I like what you've done with the place! I'll take a seat if thats ok. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Would you like a cuppa & a biccie

beer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Welcome one and all....so, that's one beer (glass or bottle?), some tea and some bickies...anything else?:p

chucken1 wrote: »
    beer?

Oh no thanks. I'll have a shandy if you don't mind. Or a small glass of sherry either if you had it :P:P

• Advertisement

It's Queen-Mise...why, I haven't seen you since the TCN days.....a sherry you say...no problem..I've been saving this for a special occasion and what could be more special than a new forum....:D

*pours "ample" glass*

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Oh no thanks. I'll have a shandy if you don't mind. Or a small glass of sherry either if you had it :P:P

Sherry?? Sherry?? Thats nearly as bad as the banned word!! :eek::D

Sorry Cicero..A pint please..while I can still manage one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

So now then, what's off topic? I am already picking up a subtle hint of anarchy so I'll say you will have your work cut out OldGoat :D

Where's the lad, we need another bucket of coal for the fire. And someone put the kettle on. Me!!? Ah now, I'm sitting down. Milk, no sugar please.

Not at all looksee, Off-Topic is what you want it to be....hop in and say hello, tell a story, take a load off.....this type of thread is found in many forums to get the group members talking without having to discuss any particular subject....anything goes except for the banned topics of B***o and B*** N**:p

Milk no sugar it is....and help yourself to the Hob Nobs.....I have to head out the shops...I'm running low on 8 year old single malt....

chucken1 wrote: »

Sorry Cicero..A pint please..while I can still manage one!!

Here you go....gotta head out for a while...but the bar is run on an honour system anyway...just place the money on the counter or chalk up your tab yourself and settle up before the end of the night...:D

• Advertisement

Cicero wrote: »
    Here you go....gotta head out for a while...but the bar is run on an honour system anyway...just place the money on the counter or chalk up your tab yourself and settle up before the end of the night...:D

Here you go...3 groats. I can only handle the one this late at night :o

Thanks for the sherry cicero. whereabouts in this hell hole are you hanging out now?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Grand old stretch in the evenings.

Ah there is alright isn't there. Ah grand oul stretch aright. We won't see the summer coming

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Fingers crossed we will.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Thanks for the sherry cicero. whereabouts in this hell hole are you hanging out now?

Usually in the Gnome Home or TGC....I see the count to a million is slowly reaching the 200K mark...would love to be there to see it....

Cicero wrote: »
    Usually in the Gnome Home or TGC....I see the count to a million is slowly reaching the 200K mark...would love to be there to see it....

I have started counting again. I am on one of my boards phases again :D:D:D
    How do you find the Gnome... Must drop in there. I am hanging around the Nocturnal Forum

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

So Cicero, for those of us who don't hold to this god belief thingie, there are no waiting rooms to be hanging around in.

Gods Waiting Room is also a very depressing way to be looking at your latter years.
    I'd prefer, Squeeze the Marrow out of Life meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I thought the god being referred to was me and everyone was waiting for my words of wisdom. Now I'm depressed. :(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

OldGoat wrote: »
    I thought the god being referred to was me and everyone was waiting for my words of wisdom. Now I'm depressed. :(

Change your nick to oldgod?
    Bringer of wisdom, lord of the shuffle.

• Advertisement

Ha! Can you imagine the bleeting from the 'Fight de powah' brigade if a mod changes a name to God.
    As an OldGod I'd be a vengful and wrathful and smite-ful.
    /hurls lighting bolt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Is the kettle on? I'll have half a cup of tea and a marietta please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Lets do lunch

have your people call my people :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Gods waiting room? All the atheist oaps are going to be waiting a long time then.

OldDog, can you do tornados as well?

/Conjures up a hurricane
    OldDog?! I feel a mighty smitin' comin' on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Prediction - the most commonly used phrase to open up a conversation in this area will be
    guess who died - something my granny used to say with remarkable regularity before one day it was her

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Gods Waiting Room is also a very depressing way to be looking at your latter years.
    I'd prefer, Squeeze the Marrow out of Life meself.

Only purpose of the thread title is to bring a smile to one's face....if you interpret it any other way or make issue with it, it is likely you won't be around much longer on this here planet as it shows you take even the trivial too seriously and are at risk of immediate heart attack...:D
    OldGoat wrote: »

I vote to ban blue (un)smiley faces in O'n'O...terrible things they are...:p
    littlebug wrote: »
    Is the kettle on? I'll have half a cup of tea and a marietta please :)

Sorry for keeping you waiting.....fresh pot just boiled...:)
    Oryx wrote: »
    Gods waiting room? All the atheist oaps are going to be waiting a long time then.

It's written in the Dave Allen "..may your god go with you.." loose interpretation sort of meaning....:p *capital letter of thread title reduced to lower case*
    BBDBB wrote: »
    Lets do lunch
    have your people call my people :)

You'll never guess who's dead.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Yay!

It's finally here! :)

Now we can all chat about anything without having to google things to figure out what they are!

Hi everyone.. move up on the sofa there!

EDIT: oh.. is everyone in bed already? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How about Gods' Waiting Room, proper sense of authority for all of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Been on boards 4 years or so, and in my last week here (going abroad) I find what would have probably have been the perfect forum for me!

So, I'll wish you all the best, you have a good mod here, hope your threads don't get overtaken by young wans who just have to post everywhere, and....

enjoy!:)

edit: didn't notice Beruthiel was modding here too, I'm sure she'll be very good too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement