Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new film ?? is there one, will there be one, whos in it and when is it

• 21-06-2003 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

well i guess the subject line says it all

im sure there will be another film, but when and who will be in it, and whats it about,

i heard that there were a few scripts floating about in frakes´ possession but nothing concrete

let me know

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

dont think there will be another, wish there was :( i miss Picard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

as far as i know their wont be a new star trek film till AKIRAPRISE end,s thats around 5 year,s :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

patrick stewart has categorically stated several times since nemesis was released that he has played picard for the last time, he is bitter about the fans reaction to the film which he thought was a terrific story.

Brent spiner and michael dorn has stated similar feelings, even marina sirtis has said so.

So unforrtunately Next Gen is dead

In this months Star Trek monthly rick berman told the readers that no meetings have taken place as regards the next film, and it could be six months to a year before any such meetings take place

www.trektoday.com and www.trekweb.com have stories covering all theses topics

I saw a site that said there could be 1 more Next Gen movie in the offing , to sort of pass the torch to the mixed crew idea from DS9 and Voyager thats floating around.

Cant see it myself

There is of course a real danger that there will be no more Star Trek Movies, if paramount say no then thats it, as of now thats a real possibilty

Regards
    Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

patrick stewart has categorically stated several times since nemesis was released that he has played picard for the last time, he is bitter about the fans reaction to the film which he thought was a terrific story.

Interesting spin on it you've got there. Stewart was stating long before the film came out that he was finished with playing Picard - and he did very little publicity work for Nemesis. Unsurprising, given that a few places unearthed quotes from him saying he didn't think much of it as a movie - and it was pretty obvious that despite being the only decent actor on set at just about any point, the guy sleepwalked through his lines.

Dig up some of the interviews he gave regarding X2 at the time when Nemesis was coming out. He was much more comfortable talking about Nemesis while his Paramount handlers weren't around to shush him, and he was pretty categorical in saying that he really didn't want to spend any more of his life being Picard.

The rest of them, well, it's not like they have other careers to go to is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

well i think brent spiner is a good actor, not just stewart and regards to other careers i believe that brent spiner is starring in the broadway production of lifeX3 with helen hunt, not to shabby in my opinion

• Advertisement
Advertisement