Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Haunted locations

• 12-01-2015 5:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Im with a paranormal team based in cork . We have investigated plenty of sites in and around co. cork and a few others around Ireland . We know must sites with haunted stories and legends just looking for sites less known around Ireland that might be worth checking out which you may have experienced something odd or have been told about by people you would trust .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There is a place out near Bantry known as Lean Ort Castle thats supposed to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ghost Team189

Thanks ,never heard of that castle ,do you no what its ment to be haunted by ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ghost Team189

Thanks for posting ,il have a read through that now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Riamfada wrote: »
    There is a place out near Bantry known as Lean Ort Castle thats supposed to be good.
    I spent many happy summers in bantry,where is this castle? Also,when I was a kid maybe 12/13 i used to go upto one of the gate lodges of bantry house to smoke hash without the worry of being spotted by anyone. It was abandoned, but still had all the furniture inside and was in pretty good nick.While I never seen or heard anything out of the ordinary in there,I've heard from relatives that its apparently haunted, and many locals won't go near it.I'm going back 20 years so the place might be knocked now.For people familiar with bantry, the place was at the entry point located between the pier and the slip strand,where visiting coach tours park up.
    As I mentioned, I never seen, heard or indeed sensed anything strange inside.Back then I was under the impression that stories i was fed were concocted by parents,possibly to keep inquisitive kids like yours truly away from a condemned building,which is quite often the case regarding places said to be 'haunted'.
    That said, I often wonder was there any substance to the stories. I must pop in and have a nosey the next time I'm down in that beautiful pocket of the country

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

There are a few more Cork threads in Paranormal over the past few years, you might want to do a search for them.

Fort in Kinsale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Where is this castle in Bantry.. Just looking it up there and cant find anything on it either..

Advertisement