Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accept Credit cards -no merchant number

• 29-11-2013 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi

Whats the best way to accept credit cards (paypal?) on a website and also over the phone without a merchant number, as the banks are giving me the run around trying to get a merchant number from them.

Thanks
    Nige

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭markpb

Stripe or Paypal are worth considering for online payments. You'll pay a premium for using those services compared to have a merchant account and normal payment gateway but for small volumes, it probably doesn't make any difference. I'm not sure about phone payments, you *might* be able to use your online payment method but you'd probably have PCI problems if you're taking credit card numbers over the phone and aren't compliant.

Edit: This might answer your question

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

Ive been using Stripe for a while now... no problems what-so-ever with there service, I would just point out one thing.

Stripe as you know(read) will deposit your charges 1 week from the date of the transaction... thats fine, but you need to remember that your bank will charge you for sending a remittance posted receipt at a cost of 75cent for each bank transfer... as far as I'm aware, no bank will cancel that receipt from been sent:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nige

Hi guys just posting in here rather than starting a new thread.

Setup with stripe and now got my first payment over the phone ,stripe now on asking lots of questions and saying they might not deal with me due to the business sector I am in . I sell hotel , golf and transfer bookings in Portugal and Spain.

Anyone know of another good companies to try or a good place to get a merchant number tried banks here but really gave me the run around.

Thanks
    Nige

Advertisement