Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diet Plan - Opinions?

• 25-09-2015 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭

Hi all, wondering if those more knowledgeable in nutrition than I am could critique my diet for me.

I'm trying to lose weight, and while the numbers on the scales are dropping, I seem to be losing little to no body fat which is why I don't think there appears to be a huge difference in me size wise, even though I'm down 26lb since May.

I wouldn't be the most active, I walk for 1.5 hours every other day and that's about it. I'm in college 5 days a week from 9am - 5pm and working a nightshift of 10pm - 5:30am 4 nights a week.

I'm early 20's, currently weigh about 127lb and I'm about 5'5.

To give the most typical view of my diet, here's what I had yesterday:

Breakfast:
    Two scrambled eggs (made with no butter and no milk, just pepper) and an apple. Cup of green tea.

Lunch:
    100g of chicken breast (all visible fat cut off) grilled with lemon juice, with a side of mixed peppers, cucumber, and asparagus.

Dinner:
    Home made tomato soup (made with tomatoes, passata, tomato puree and spices) with 1 x slice of McCambridge brown bread (no butter).

Snacks:
    An orange and 2 cups of chamomile tea.

I also drank 2.5l of water. Anyone have any ideas on where I could improve on my diet, ideally focusing on fat loss? Thanks in advance, I appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Firstly, well done on your progress so far :)

What makes you think that your body isn't changing? Are you measuring body fat %, or taking tape measurements?

IMO, I think you're not eating anywhere near enough food. From quick calculations, it's working out around 1,000 a day (but very open to correction here, depends on the soup etc)

To start off with, for dinner I would add another chicken breast or two into the soup, and more veg then too. You can batch cook chicken breasts and just throw them into your soup when you're heating it up. Could you also change the soup from tomato to veg? Could help up the intake that way then.

Advertisement