Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Faith No More Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

http://www.clarochile.cl/maquinaria/a/webshow

For those of you who are bloody lucky enough to be up at this hour (and have a connection were the video doesn't ****ing crash) that is the link that'll be showing FNM hit the stage very shortly featuring Trey on guitar! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Nailz wrote: »
    http://www.clarochile.cl/maquinaria/a/webshow

For those of you who are bloody lucky enough to be up at this hour (and have a connection were the video doesn't ****ing crash) that is the link that'll be showing FNM hit the stage very shortly featuring Trey on guitar! :)

Tried it and so did a lot of other people, wouldnt work unfortunately :mad:

But theres always you tube in a week or 2 :D should be a cracker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 vanjaqwq

Some ok-ish footage from Chile last night. Fúcking fantastic version of "Just A Man". Choir are all over it at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRbTsXLN5R4&feature=youtu.be

And they finished off with Absolute Zero :)

Edit: I give you... Trey Spruance

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carlos_muller/6340367636/sizes/l/in/photostream/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 vanjaqwq

This comment is on newfaithnomore.com regarding the "new song"

And as to the “new” song goes, I read this on The Holy Filament’s YT account: This is NOT a new song. This was a deliberate prank on all of us youtube voyeurs. While hanging out a few days before the Concert, Billy saw a local band perform in a small club and he approached them about covering one of the songs he had heard from their set. Obviously the little local band was more than happy. They worked to translate the lyrics, added some style and performed it at Estadio Malvinas Argentinas last night. Fools, all of you! Look it up!

It being FNM you wouldn't put it past them. You jusy never know with the band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Carrow Rd

lord lucan wrote: »
    Absolutely love this band. Only got into them after a mate gave me a loan of the Brixton gig on tape some time in '91. I was instantly converted and went out and bought The Real Thing and Introduce Yourself. I eagerly awaited their next album(Angel Dust) and couldn't wait to see them live at Slane. I was honestly left with my mouth on the floor after their set. I struggled to see how GN'R could top them and they couldn't. Awesome performance along with an amazing album in Angel Dust.

Next stop was a solo show in November '92 at the Point with L7 in tow. On the day of the show they held a record signing in the Virgin Megastore. It was manic,every bit as mad as being at a gig. Eventually got through the throng and got to meet them and get my AD cassette inlay signed by them all. I remember being struck by how laid back and cool 'Big' Jim Martin was.:)

The following year they filled in at Dalymount for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers at the Sunstroke festival. It was a scorcher(sunstroke indeed!) and FNM absolutely destroyed the place. Patton is one of rocks most mesmeric and underrated frontmen. He had everyone eating from the palm of his hand,even those who knew little or cared less for them. Amazing times.
    :
    My introduction to FNM almost exactly mirrors this. Was gutted to have to play minor championship football the day of the Slane appearance. Had a ticket that I never got rid of but I could hear the sound at the ground I played. Small consolation or torture? We lost too.

Myself and the mate who gave me the Brixton Academy tape went for a few pints in Bruxelles after the Virgin (Still have my autographed AD cassette and t-shirt) signing. We heard that Jim was in McDaid's and we had a pint beside (couldn't really claim to have been 'with') him. He didn't say much, We hung around outside the back of the Westbury and met them all again before they headed off to the Point. I htink I may have a bootleg tape recording of that gig too.

Won a ticket in the Irish Times for the Dalymount show and went to a gig on my own. Good times!

For one reason or another my FNM honeymoon petered out in the mid 90s. I started to listen to different stuff until a random chat with a stranger at a party in the early hours of one particular morning in 2003. He strongly recommended KFAD so I gave it a listen. I have since discovered that my oldest nephew is a fan and he's amazed that I saw them live before he was born.

Gutted that I missed the Olympia in 2009 because of a friend's wedding. There are only, seriously, about five bands that I would pay to see today and Faith No More are one of them.

I am suitably impressed with the knowledge of the side projects on here and I may just get myself educated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robbiesgod

Love, love, love this band, can't get enough of them, been into them for over 20+ years and I've still not heard enough of them, been lucky enough too see them 7 times over the years, Angel Dust is still the greatest album ever and Mike Patton is the only singer wroth listening to

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Bumping this up just to let you know that FNM are now on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/FaithNoMore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bumping this up just to let you know that FNM are now on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/FaithNoMore

What do you reckon "time to get a little creative" means? Possible new album or am I reading too much into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Seeing them in a month in Hyde Park!!

CANT FOOKING WAIT!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

What do you reckon "time to get a little creative" means? Possible new album or am I reading too much into it?

That's what I took it to mean. They swatted away questions over the last few years about new music but it's the logical next step if they don't want to become a touring nostalgia act.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

Hard to believe the real thing is 25 years ago :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

That's what I took it to mean. They swatted away questions over the last few years about new music but it's the logical next step if they don't want to become a touring nostalgia act.

And I would imagine, or hope, that if they did release new music it could be as good as what came before, if not only for Mick Patton dipping his fingers into all types of music...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2014/05/digging-deeper-axl-rose-is-not-singer.html
    Take a bow Mike. Lots of metal singers in this list. Great to see Devy list so high also.

Looking forward to Hyde Park also.Anything people really want to hear not on a usual setlist? I would love to hear Mouth to Mouth.
    My favourite time seeing them was in Soni Spain in 2010 with them playing Evidence in Spanish,they were the band of the fest for me.

A couple of new songs debuted at yesterday's gig which gives hope that they are going to do a new album. Due to the quality of the recordings it's hard to tell if they're any good or not but the first one sounds like it has potential.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/faith-no-more-debuts-new-music-at-londons-hyde-park-video-available/

Love the priest's outfits as well..

A couple of new songs debuted at yesterday's gig which gives hope that they are going to do a new album. Due to the quality of the recordings it's hard to tell if they're any good or not but the first one sounds like it has potential.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/faith-no-more-debuts-new-music-at-londons-hyde-park-video-available/

Love the priest's outfits as well..

Yeah two new songs yesterday. Awesome gig. Will be good to hear studio version of them....

The future looks bright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Excellent. Seen a video of 'Midlife Crisis' too, sounded brilliant. Looking forward to more new material. One of my favourite bands, consistantly great

Billy was chatting to Faithnomoreblog there after the Hyde Park gig, and he said that "there will be more", I have a relative direct line to him (being the hardcore FNM creep that I am) and he told me the very same thing back in March, but to just keep a lid on it.

It's out there now so I can say whatever the hell I want; I'm just so excited! :D Anyway, he believes the prognosis in terms of gigs next year is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

2 new songs is massive news. To hear the boys back playing new stuff would be a dream.

Setlist from Poland...

"Mother****er" & "Superhero" are the new tracks that debuted on Friday, "Matador" is the new track from a couple of years ago. Incredible that they actually played "Falling To Pieces", they hardly EVER play that song, only the second time it was played in 21 years, ever since the 1993 Phoenix Festival!

Oh and I do love "The Crab Song" and "Spirit", awesome inclusion of "Cuckoo For Caca" the last two nights too! :)

• Advertisement

Shot from the crowd so not great but here;s the full show from saturday

Shot from the crowd so not great but here;s the full show from saturday

Ya should have been there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Was up the front at this, FNM were unreal. the new songs have been stuck in my head all week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Sounds great...

Havent seen them since '92
    Would love to see them live again.
    Fingers crossed for new album and tour next year..

Influential alterna-metal iconoclasts Faith No More are set to release their seventh album — their first in 18 years — in April of 2015

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/faith-no-more-to-release-first-album-in-18-years-plot-u-s-tour-20140902

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dodgygeezer

Happy days

Someone pinch me...

I am totally preordering "Motherfucker" for Record Store Day! I don't even have a vinyl collection, but what a perfect way to start. Looks like Billy was true to his word from when I was chatting to him earlier on in the year about touring next year, what a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is the best thing to happen in music in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Yessssssssss!

• Advertisement
Advertisement