Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nursery Furniture

• 03-02-2011 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I am in the process of doing up a small nursery for our new arrival in April. I want to paint the room a neutral enough colour, dark cream - light brown!! Not sure yet...
    But I would like to get approx 3 Pieces of Furniture for the room
    1. Cot
    2. Chest of drawers with chaning tray on top
    3. Maybe wadrobe or book shelf etc as third piece
    I would like to get some nice darker furniture like walnut maybe or another nice timber!!! Wouldanyone know of somewhere good I could get nice quality furniture.
    I don't mind just getting 1 or 2 pieces first and adding to at a later stage but just looking for options where I might get some good ranges...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I got our stuff from kiddicare.com and was impressed with the quality. Ours is white though (already had white fitted wardrobe) but I seem to remember they had a good selection. Good luck with the decoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Toysrus does some nice ranges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

My cousin has this and has used it for 3 babies in the past 5 years and it's still as sturdy as the day she bought it: http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/S19842534

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Some of the online advert sites and parenting forums have great deals on pre owned furniture if you want to go down that route. Ive seen some of the top of the range stuff reduced way down. Some lovely stuff out there and complete sets with accessories etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I have three children, 13, 6 and 5 and not once did I ever used the changing unit on top of the chest of drawers - it was a total waste of money. I would have been better off just buying the chest of drawers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We use ours all the time. He's getting a bit big for it now but it's a handy height.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I never bothered with a changing table for my two, up onto the lap and done!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I have to say, I like the idea and look of a changing table, although I'm not due until April, so time will tell if i actually use it. I bought one in Mamas and Papas sale to match the cot and it has loads of shelves for baskets so I can keep everything handy.
    If space is at a premium, you can get top cot ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Always use our changing unit! So much better for your back and its great for putting the baby bath on top of when babs is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Classact

Thanks for all the replies everyone on this. I've been viewing a few of them online and seem good. Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement