Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Sims 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭xgwishyx

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    And perhaps most importantly, Sims can now pass each other on the stairs and in doorways!
    Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Missed out on that last one. Definitely a long time coming. Don't remember seeing it in the trailer though, was this mentioned by EA at gamescon?

Not that I know of. Apparently it's part of making them more natural (so they're also better when new people want to join a conversation). Employees were watched to see how they interacted and how they responded to new people joining a chatting circle, etc. Sounds like interesting stuff.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Now that sims 4 has been out about a month..2? ...anyone have it?

How do you find the game? I'm not sure I'm all the tempted being that it's loading screens again, I liked my openworld ):

• Registered Users Posts: 32 User2611

Yeah could anyone let us know if it's awesome?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PC Forum has a thread on it, needless to say, it is not Awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Cormac... wrote: »
    PC Forum has a thread on it, needless to say, it is not Awesome

ah thanks.

this is the link if anyone else wants a read.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90590577

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is on PS Plus and downloadable now. I never played a Sims game, just know it's like a life simulator. For a Sims noob, is it a bit of a laugh? Closest thing I've played is Little Computer People on the Commodore 64 and in that I could make the guy eat dog food. Can I do the same here?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's one of the most egregious offenders for "here's 1/3 of a game for full price, we're going to sell you the rest of it in 30 other separate parts at fifteen quid a pop." So I wouldn't bother. If anyone complains about FIFA and Madden players "just buying the same game over and over" they should take a look at what the plebs who play Sims are willing to swallow - mostly because they never play any other game, just Sims.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah... Wife has played Sims 3 since it came out. Sims 4 was utterly pointless and was just a sideways step in the franchise whatever way you look at it.

Advertisement