Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo: MCC has gone gold and the EU release date is moved forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

On my phone on a bus and just short of ordering this and a console, but since I've already got a shortage of time which won't change until January or February I should hold off.

Varik wrote: »
    On my phone on a bus and just short of ordering this and a console, but since I've already got a shortage of time which won't change until January or February I should hold off.

Nah, go for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Argos have a killer deal at the moment, went for it last night.

Xbox One, Fifa 15, The Evil Within, and Forza Horizon 2 for 409.99.

Sold the games straight away so came to €295 in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Multiplayer patch out tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Argos have a killer deal at the moment, went for it last night.

Xbox One, Fifa 15, The Evil Within, and Forza Horizon 2 for 409.99.

Sold the games straight away so came to €295 in the end.

Where did you sell the games? Did you trade them in?

• Advertisement

COYVB wrote: »
    Multiplayer patch out tomorrow morning

Delayed! Squeaky bum time now!!!

Launch Trailer :D

Patch out today

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Patch out today

It hasn't shown up in my queue yet, is there something I need to do?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It hasn't shown up in my queue yet, is there something I need to do?

Not sure, i just launched the game and it downloaded it, but I've got unlocked review code. Make sure you're set up for automatic downloads and updates anyway, it'll probably work away in the background.

The good news is it's just 15gb, not 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Make sure you're set up for automatic downloads and updates anyway, it'll probably work away in the background.

Yeah, I did this and turned off my machine and it downloaded in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I can't even remember being this excited about a game in recent years...

Goddamn matchmaking still not turned on

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I saw someone playing this on my friend list yesterday however they managed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Yeah I've seen a few uk friends playing it, shopto always delivers to them a day early

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got to say MS are knocking it out of the park when it comes to exclusives. This game is probably bargain of the year as well. My PS4 is gathering dust at the moment. Sony need to get the finger out next year, bloodborne better be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got to say MS are knocking it out of the park when it comes to exclusives. This game is probably bargain of the year as well. My PS4 is gathering dust at the moment. Sony need to get the finger out next year, bloodborne better be good!

Big time, because The Order is not looking too hot either. So far all MS's exclusives are better than Sony's imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wouldn't consider this game an exclusive or new ip etc. Nothing really new although Sony heads did get similarly excited about Last of Us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well it is exclusive, and halo is a big IP, so.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Well it is exclusive, and halo is a big IP, so.

What is your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

RasTa wrote: »
    What is your point?

Its a game exclusive to the xbox one its not new though but it is remastered. That is enough for folk to buy it again.

What is your point?

Calhoun wrote: »
    Its a game exclusive to the xbox one its not new though but it is remastered. That is enough for folk to buy it again.

What is your point?

Pretty obvious really, it's not a new or exclusive game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

But it is exclusive. The halo series is xbox or microsoft exclusive whatever, and its the first time all 4 games have been available on one platform, in their current form, and the only way remastered halo 2 is accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

RasTa wrote: »
    Pretty obvious really, it's not a new or exclusive game.

Its exclusive to this generation of consoles, it does exist on the older consoles but as you pointed out so does the last of us.

Difference would be that unlike the last of us which is relatively new IP, the halo games are much older and some of them look rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's sitting there on my hard-drive just taunting me know. Won't get to play it until tomorrow evening at the earliest.

Agreed.

However releasing old games would not lead me to claim they are knocking it out of the park and claiming this as an exclusive game.

I just want some new games for PS or XB as it's that time of the year again and we have a new Assassin's Creed, CoD, Far Cry etc

Plus remakes of GTA 5 and this.

Gaming is getting very boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Not everybody has played the Halo games before, I have played Halo 3 for about half an hour. So for me, £40 for this is awesome stuff. Sold.

• Advertisement

^^Talk about buzzkill :rolleyes:

Cant wait for tomorrow. This should get blood pumping!!

Advertisement