Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 2 build up thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I can't wait. Me and my mate are gonna have a session at the release day and force our mates who don't know it to watch.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TobyRyan

Ohhhhhh I can't wait!!!!!!

Just trying to finish the last book so far A Dance with Dragons it got a bit too much there for a while had to take a break, sit back and soak in the greatness that is A Game of Thrones.

Is it sad I can't re-watch the first series because it will ultimately lead to the death of the hotness that is Sean Bean :(

TobyRyan wrote: »
    Ohhhhhh I can't wait!!!!!!

Just trying to finish the last book so far A Dance with Dragons it got a bit too much there for a while had to take a break, sit back and soak in the greatness that is A Game of Thrones.

Is it sad I can't re-watch the first series because it will ultimately lead to the death of the hotness that is Sean Bean :(

I know exactly how you feel. Seeing all the Starks being happy and that damn Theon. Its heart breaking. I assume you know what im talking bout since youve read the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

This time next week we'll have seen the first episode. Well, some.
    Can't wait. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

This time next week we'll have seen the first episode. Well, some.
    Can't wait. :D

:confused::confused::confused:
    How will you have seen it before it even premieres in America?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I honestly can't wait - I'm in two minds though - Should I watch the new episode or leave it all till the second season ends and watch them all at once.

Decisions decisions.

mariebeth wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:
    How will you have seen it before it even premieres in America?

Its on next Sunday night in America, and I posted that comment at like 5ish in the morning, so it will have been shown.:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I honestly can't wait - I'm in two minds though - Should I watch the new episode or leave it all till the second season ends and watch them all at once.

Decisions decisions.

I very rarely watch tv shows as they come out and watch them on DVDs, usully over a few days or a week. It's more emmersive if you watch them all in one go, but you miss a lot of the slow build up and excitement waiting for thr next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Its on next Sunday night in America, and I posted that comment at like 5ish in the morning, so it will have been shown.:D

Am I missing out on something? The show premiers next Sunday at 9pm, but that in GMT (+5 hours) is 2am. So if the show was on tonight, you'd have to wait until 2am tonight, not 2am or 5am last night/morning. It's only Sunday afternoon in America at the moment!

I think I'll stream it online also (if that's what you were planning) because I won't be able to wait until Monday night!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I haven't been hooked on a show of this caliber since Battlestar Galactica and then this came along and easily ranks alongside it, and they're only 10 episodes in! Just intense the whole way!

I don't watch ANY TV, besides this show, makes it all the more immersive!

Also got me back into reading, which I haven't done since the Leaving Cert!

• Advertisement

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Am I missing out on something? The show premiers next Sunday at 9pm, but that in GMT (+5 hours) is 2am. So if the show was on tonight, you'd have to wait until 2am tonight, not 2am or 5am last night/morning. It's only Sunday afternoon in America at the moment!

I was thinking that myself :)

DarkDusk wrote: »

I think I'll stream it online also (if that's what you were planning) because I won't be able to wait until Monday night!:D
    mariebeth wrote: »
    I was thinking that myself :)

Balls, my bad. I thought I was posting on Sunday night/Monday morning, I normally come up to college on a Sunday, but I came up Saturday instead this week so I was confused.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TobyRyan

Oranage2 wrote: »

Decisions decisions.

I'll record the whole series and watch a few at a time when I get the chance, unfortunately I have these irritating people (partner, friends, family) who keep monopolising my time! The irritation of it all!

I think I'll burst with excitement :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'll see the first 2 episodes, but I'm getting married on April 13, so my honeymoon will restrict my viewing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

don ramo wrote: »
    itd be like dating 2 different people, she looks so different when shes playing daeny, so youd have emilia for what 7 months and daenaryes for 5 months:D,

I think it's a wig actually, so you'll be grand! :)

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

so phsyced for this!

Des wrote: »
    I'll see the first 2 episodes, but I'm getting married on April 13, so my honeymoon will restrict my viewing :mad:

Lol...Leave the telly on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Lol...Leave the telly on??

A Dothraki wedding without at least three deaths episodes of Game of Thrones is considered a dull affair :pac:

I'm never around Monday nights so I'll have to wait until Tuesday evening every week :( Yes, it's only an extra day but I'm a very impatient person and I've been waiting 10 months for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Ah... 10 months... that's cute... ADwD was, what, a 5 year wait?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sleepy wrote: »
    Ah... 10 months... that's cute... ADwD was, what, a 5 year wait?

More than 6 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I cannot wait for the show to start back again. Definitely the best show from last year. Hopefully it will turn into one of the best ever. It is out on Sunday night in America

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Met Jack Gleeson today on College Green. Seems to be a genuinely nice guy, made me feel bad for hating him (or Joffrey) so much. I suppose it's a compliment though, that one actor could stir up so much emotion in me for a fictional character. Wished him luck for season 2 and he was on his way.

Can't wait for Season 2 now, so excited!

Finished season 1 last night just in time. Really is such a great show. I had been reading the first book in hope of finishing a few of them before watching the show on tv as books are generally always better then their movie/show counterparts but just gave in. Looking forward to seeing how the story develops.

I can't remember a baddie I hate more then Joffrey, I'd love to stand on his head!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Running a half marathon on Sunday, will be out that night probably so will catch the show Monday evening. I really cant wait to hear to opening music again, epic!

Looking forward to seeing how the new characters get on and
    to Tyrion giving poor Pod a hard time for everytime he screws up.

Running a half marathon on Sunday, will be out that night probably so will catch the show Monday evening. I really cant wait to hear to opening music again, epic!

Looking forward to seeing how the new characters get on and
    to Tyrion giving poor Pod a hard time for everytime he screws up.

I know! I can't wait for
    Podrick Payne :)
    , really loved him as a background character

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Pod is one of the more interesting bit characters as he finds himself crossing at least 3 arcs as the books progress, I really hope they do justice to his heroics on the black water

Anyone have a reliable site to watch the series on? I don't think i have the patience to wait for the torrent to go up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Anyone have a reliable site to watch the series on? I don't think i have the patience to wait for the torrent to go up.

I was just to post a link until I remembered it's against the rules!

Advertisement