Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

He didnt come, but am I pregnant

• 21-08-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I made a huge mistake last night that Im already regretting.

Had unprotected sex, but heres the thing. It was only for about a minute and the most as I realised and stopped. He didnt come either that Im sure off, but Im worried as I know full well that pregnancy is possible despite that, with pre cum and all that.
    my last period started on the 6th August, so Im freaking out. I know I should get the morning after pill, but the problem is at the moment, Im not near anywhere wheres a clinic, boots ect. I'll have to arrange it though and get someone to bring me there.

But before that, Im just wondering what are the chances of pregnancy, regarding my period date, the fact it was no more than a minute and also that he didnt come. I know its a hundred precent, but anything to relax my heart rate would be very welcome.

also the issue of STD's isnt an issue. We are both clear and healthy of them. this wasnt a random thing, but Im far too young for parenthood and should have been a lot wiser.
    thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Hi, I made a huge mistake last night that Im already regretting.

Had unprotected sex, but heres the thing. It was only for about a minute and the most as I realised and stopped. He didnt come either that Im sure off, but Im worried as I know full well that pregnancy is possible despite that, with pre cum and all that.
    my last period started on the 6th August, so Im freaking out. I know I should get the morning after pill, but the problem is at the moment, Im not near anywhere wheres a clinic, boots ect. I'll have to arrange it though and get someone to bring me there.

But before that, Im just wondering what are the chances of pregnancy, regarding my period date, the fact it was no more than a minute and also that he didnt come. I know its a hundred precent, but anything to relax my heart rate would be very welcome.

also the issue of STD's isnt an issue. We are both clear and healthy of them. this wasnt a random thing, but Im far too young for parenthood and should have been a lot wiser.
    thanks for the help

Hi OP,

Unprotected sex can result in pregnancy, even where a man has not noticeably ejaculated. Your last period date means that you've had sex potentially in the fertile window... this would be dependent on how long your cycle is though. The Morning After Pill is less effective the longer the gap between the intercourse and taking the pill. If you want the MAP, you need to find some way to get access to a pharmacy or your GP.

The truth of the matter is that no one here can tell you if you're pregnant or even what the chances are. Every womans body is different and the only way you will know for sure is to do a pregnancy test. Taking one now though is too early and could give you a false negative, and you may have to wait for at least another week or more (the closer to your expected next period date the better) before your mind can be put at rest.

I would advise talking to your GP in the morning, even if by phone initally.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

You don't specifically need to go to your GP - any GP in the area will prescribe it for you if you make an appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You don't need a prescription for the MAP anymore, you can buy it OTC in any pharmacy after an initial consultation with the pharmacist, if he thinks you need to see a GP they will refer you then.

Advertisement