Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replacement Engine for Ford Ka

• 10-11-2014 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,449 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, my brother's 2007 Ford Ka needs a new engine. I have a few mechanics trying to source one (my local mechanic in Limerick and a mechanic down in Co. Cork where the car is stranded). They seem to be pretty hard to come by.

It's the engine for a 1.3l 2007 Ford Ka (Petrol).

Open to suggestions....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Mr E wrote: »
    Hey folks, my brother's 2007 Ford Ka needs a new engine. I have a few mechanics trying to source one (my local mechanic in Limerick and a mechanic down in Co. Cork where the car is stranded). They seem to be pretty hard to come by.

It's the engine for a 1.3l 2007 Ford Ka (Petrol).

Open to suggestions....

Hey Mr E,

Try findapart.ie or ring your local breakers.
    Chances are that the engines from the fiesta are the same.
    I didn't realise there was a 1.3 in those cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

Is it the 1,3rocam engine you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

an engine from a pre 2000 1.3 fiesta is the same.

those 1.3's are a fairly robust old mule, hard to believe one is beyond repair, what is supposed to be wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,449 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

ford jedi wrote: »
    Is it the 1,3rocam engine you are looking for?

I'll confess that I don't know what that means. :o

• Advertisement

an engine from a pre 2000 1.3 fiesta is the same.

those 1.3's are a fairly robust old mule, hard to believe one is beyond repair, what is supposed to be wrong with it?

There was an issue with the dashboard backlight (i.e. it wasn't working).
    It went to a mechanic several times to fix, and it always broke again a few weeks later.

While broken, it appears the engine ran out of water. So yeah... that happened.

No engine temp gauge on these IIRC, well there wasn't on the earlier ka anyway. As mentioned above it should be fixable, the blocks are ancient technology, few hours rebuild and good as new.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Try Relihan Dismantlers Tralee, Mobile (087) - <use PM>, Mobile (087) - <use PM>. They do shipping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

take a pic of the engine if you can and pm it to me. I may have one from a slightly older Ka. I only sent a full 2006 Ka to the crusher a few weeks ago because of rust..

Augeo wrote: »
    No engine temp gauge on these IIRC, well there wasn't on the earlier ka anyway. As mentioned above it should be fixable, the blocks are ancient technology, few hours rebuild and good as new.

Do you know anyone who would do that kind of work, and how much it would cost? For reference, it's looking like 800-1000 for a new engine.

• Advertisement

take a pic of the engine if you can and pm it to me. I may have one from a slightly older Ka. I only sent a full 2006 Ka to the crusher a few weeks ago because of rust..

I'll see if I can get one, Darragh. Cheers.

Looks like my Dad sourced an engine in Sligo.

Thanks for the help, folks.

Advertisement