Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2005 Nissan Almera Headlight's

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Well, update on mine... Dealer's "fix" was to tell me on the phone he had the replacement units ready, got me to drive half the length of the country and then told me "actually the parts won't be in for an hour or two, but I'll just use this miracle polish instead", wedge the bulbs in arsewards until some light actually came out, and declare it done and ready for NCT.

This "fix" didn't even make it to the nearest Advance Pitstop where the bodging came to light pretty damn quick, as one bulb had moved away from its wedged position (probably at the first speed bump) and the other was merrily wedged pointing at the sky, though at least it was bright enough to register on the machine this time.

The A.P. guys phoned the dealer for me, and made it pretty clear that the car was not ready for NCT and needed new headlight units (Second time he's been told this by pros), leading to much waffling and his decision to "Call me back after he speaks to his mechanic" on Monday.

Come Monday afternoon, I suspect I'll be talking to SIMI, see what they can do about it (as he is a registered member).
    It's no longer just about passing the NCT either. I really do not want some half-assed bodge that squeaks by the test and falls apart a day/week/month later, but would much rather a vehicle fit for the purpose it was sold/bought for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

My 05 almera just failed nct also due to poor headlights. The light from them is terrible and is dangerous to drive with. I sometimes have to check the switch to make sure they're on as I can see no light coming from them when driving. Has anyone managed to get Nissan to acknowledge the problem and replace them free of charge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

My 05 almera just failed nct also due to poor headlights. The light from them is terrible and is dangerous to drive with. I sometimes have to check the switch to make sure they're on as I can see no light coming from them when driving. Has anyone managed to get Nissan to acknowledge the problem and replace them free of charge ?

Nope, I ended up buying a new set on micksgarage for 110 and paying 50 for a garage to change them.

Is there a big difference in the brightness since you changed them?

Is there a bit g difference since you changed them in the brightness?

Huge difference,new lights were brilliant , before hand was like 2 candles at front of car, so I would recommened doing it for safety.

• Advertisement

Jasper79 wrote: »
    Huge difference,new lights were brilliant , before hand was like 2 candles at front of car, so I would recommened doing it for safety.

Yeah it's ridiculous how dim the current ones are. Literally like driving in darkness. Which ones did you order if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.micksgarage.com/search.aspx?fffDepartment=Headlamps&fffMake=nissan~~~nissan&fffBasemodel=nissan%20almera~~~nissan%20almera&fffModelDescription=almera%20mk%20ii%202000%20onwards~~~almera%20mk%20ii%202000%20onwards&ffftd_car=1.5&fffBHP=90

They've several different types at different prices .

Yeah it's ridiculous how dim the current ones are. Literally like driving in darkness. Which ones did you order if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.micksgarage.com/search.aspx?fffDepartment=Headlamps&fffMake=nissan~~~nissan&fffBasemodel=nissan%20almera~~~nissan%20almera&fffModelDescription=almera%20mk%20ii%202000%20onwards~~~almera%20mk%20ii%202000%20onwards&ffftd_car=1.5&fffBHP=90

They've several different types at different prices .

It was the black bezel mark 2 I got , item code: 893874 and Item code: 893875

There are youtube videos on how to change them too

Jasper79 wrote: »
    Nope, I ended up buying a new set on micksgarage for 110 and paying 50 for a garage to change them.

I've bought them from micksgarage. Just need to find a mechanic to fit them for a reasonable price now. Do you mind asking what mechanic you used?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I've bought them from micksgarage. Just need to find a mechanic to fit them for a reasonable price now. Do you mind asking what mechanic you used?

Thanks

they are simple enough to fit i done a set a couple weeks back

projectgtr wrote: »
    they are simple enough to fit i done a set a couple weeks back

I don't have the tools for the job and would rather get it done by someone who knows what they're at. How long did the job take to do?

• Advertisement

Thanks

I used Declan Waters in Blanchardstown, charged 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭enricoh

u'll change the headlights in 5 or 10 minutes yourself, no tools needed really.
    there was a nissan recall about 4-5 years ago on the headlights

I've it booked in to Declan waters to be done. I've seen a YouTube video looks like a socket wrench is needed and to drop the bumper by an inch or two. I'm sure I could do it but id rather pay the 50 for peace of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bazbrady

Just looking at these past treads guys and the wifes almera has failed also on low beam,its a 2005 model saloon with black bezel,im pricing online here and notice there is a grey and black bezel type for those years,is there any differnece in these light units or is it just different colour?.micks garage dont have the black bezel for both headlights only the grey ones..so i was thinking of ordering off allpartssouthwest like previous posters have .

Advertisement