Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you get many pm's?/boardsies stats

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I merely said that it would be inappropriate for me to send a sexy pm to a 17 yr old.

I'm personally am not that easily offended :D

*tests claim*
    Abusive PM sent.*

*with flirtatious undertones

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I get some.
    WindSock wrote: »
    Over 7k all together. Very few are for modding or telling me how hot I am. Most are job offers to get me off the dole and into film and television or something. Sick of them at this stage.

I can see you on Ear to the ground or as a weather girl perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

*tests claim*

Liar :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

None at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

12 sent, 15 received, 17 if you include my now-banned rereg's "Welcome/You're banned!" messages.

People send death threats to the mods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

i dont think i've ever gotten a random pm!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

The tenth person to pm me gets free tickets to supertramp

*posts "I've never been randomly PMed"*

*waits in front of computer screen all night for random PM*

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

*cries*

Not everyone has what we have, Moo ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

*cries*

PM sent:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I merely said that it would be inappropriate for me to send a sexy pm to a 17 yr old.

I'm personally am not that easily offended :D

for the record i would be totally ok with it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I've about 90 since 2008. I stay relatively under the radar on Boards ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

I got 2 off mods .
    tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I've only had two since January which have been for an infraction and a warning :D

I've had someone PM me when a thread got closed when we wanted to continue chatting/spamming but nothing else of note.

I think if I ventured more out of After Hours I might get a bit more luck with the auld PMs. Who knows some people have even said they've been able to bag a bird on here? :eek: But any forum outside of here requires me to post in a serious manner which isn't really going to happen to be honest :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

The tenth person to pm me gets free tickets to supertramp

have you got tickets to super tramp :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I got PMed once. December 2010 this Amy21 chick wanted to cam my penis. She's gone now though:( Best day ever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I got PMed once. December 2010 this Amy21 chick wanted to cam my penis. She's gone now though:( Best day ever!!

That was a guy Teddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I have got a few over the years from different people Pming me to say something similar to "Have you got some kind of problem with me?". The thing about it is on occasion I've gotten to recognise certain people on here who I think are genuinely reasonable, intelligent people with interesting, well thought out views and opinions on things. So when I see these people posting something I disagree with I'm much more likely to post in response to them and to press the point and keep returning posts to try and understand why they hold the view they do. Where as with people I think are just gobshites I wouldn't be bothered doing that.

This apparently can come off to some people as me 'getting at them' etc as it can appear I'm always pulling them up on things they say or what have you. But if you happen to be one of these people, seriously, please take it as a compliment. It just means I rate you as a poster and think engaging in a discussion on a thread with you will be interesting and rewarding and not just a pointless internet argument.

====
    ====

Also the girl I'm seeing is a boardsie that PM'd me out of the blue one day just before Christmas. I've no photo's up on here or anything but apparently something about my posts made her want to get to know me... which I still find a little odd considering I mostly post random, pointless nonsense... but glad she apparently likes that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Not many tbh, I mean why would someone want to PM me? :confused:

KeithM89 wrote: »
    That was a guy Teddy.
    :eek: She told me it was a dildo :(

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Not many tbh, I mean why would someone want to PM me? :confused:
    because you love slipping your finger in to all sorts ob obscure peculiar place I guess:D
    Ya durty fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

29 - 7 were for being naughty.

Therefore nearly a quarter of my PMs are from Mods D:

At the moment I've got 214, I deleted lots a while back because it was at 97% full.
    I say subscribers and mods have 4 figures in their inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I actually had a full inbox, :pac:, a few weeks ago so i had to delete all and start over, i seem to get quite a few PMs :D

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    I actually had a full inbox, :pac:, a few weeks ago so i had to delete all and start over, i seem to get quite a few PMs :D
    That's because there's a bit of a rumor doing the rounds about you. Is there any truth to your antics at a Boards beers event last year? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

That is impressive - both the total in 2 weeks and the offers! Popular Much;)

S

Not popular at all. Just some desperate men on boards, I assume. :D It couldn't possibly be my scathing wit and sparkling personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

That's because there's a bit of a rumor doing the rounds about you. Is there any truth to your antics at a Boards beers event last year? ;)

:D;) hmmm that would be telling, you tell me the rumour and il tell you if its true k lol ;)

Are PM's the new thanks?

*tries to figure out how to PM whore*

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    :D;) hmmm that would be telling, you tell me the rumour and il tell you if its true k lol ;)
    That you brought an "instrument" in your handbag ? :eek:
    Two people mentioned it to me:eek:

• Advertisement

We should all pick someone to PM and bombard them:D:D

Advertisement