Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2010 - WWE releases Bryan Danielson (Zombie bump)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've figured it all out!

TNA and WWE are merging as one company :pac:

It explains the whole TNA Dixie "Change over the next months bigger then eva!" and the "Winds of change". This is all part of that angle where he'll go wrestle in TNA and challenge the current WWE champion to a cross brand bout to show who's the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Nody wrote: »
    I've figured it all out!

TNA and WWE are merging as one company :pac:

It explains the whole TNA Dixie "Change over the next months bigger then eva!" and the "Winds of change". This is all part of that angle where he'll go wrestle in TNA and challenge the current WWE champion to a cross brand bout to show who's the best!

And the internet will explode when he lies down for Cena :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

jaykhunter wrote: »
    My excellent copypasta skills have done this......

From Cena's twitter :

Cena really doesn't understand this whole under 160 characters thing on Twitter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cena really doesn't understand this whole under 160 characters thing on Twitter :pac:

Cena overcomes the odds again.:D

Seriously though if this is real which I still think it is,it reinforces my belief that Cena is the classiest guy in wrestling. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

glenjamin wrote: »
    k9avix.jpg

Here it is if anyone missed it

It's like Waynes World - EXTREME CLOSE UP!!!

Look at how much people are talking about this. Danielsons booking so far has been somehow related to internet fans, to get them talking and interested. They have us talking now anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

jaykhunter wrote: »
    My excellent copypasta skills have done this......

From Cena's twitter :

Since when are WWE Superstars allowed to comment on someone being fired? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

After all those rules from WWE about using twitter in character/gimmick now, John Cena posting about it really makes me wanna change my mind about it being real.
    He's the poster boy for WWE who management loves. Just seems a bit strange for him to criticise a decision and want to appeal it with a petition etc.
    And if it is real, then stay classy John Cena :cool:.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Cena vs. Bryan for Summerslam with Bryan getting a new contract if he wins (can't think of a suitable criteria for Cena). I could see it being a "I Quit" or Ironman match perhaps as well to play on how "important" the match is etc.; I'm calling it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

in work we have the contract with WWE for exclusive mobile content and we are working with them for more at the moment, whenever a superstar or diva is fired we get an email from WWE HQ telling us to remove that superstar entirely from our product offering......we havent received any email about Danielson (yet), so im sticking with my original opinion that it is a work.....and it's a f*cking good one if it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

in work we have the contract with WWE for exclusive mobile content and we are working with them for more at the moment, whenever a superstar or diva is fired we get an email from WWE HQ telling us to remove that superstar entirely from our product offering......we havent received any email about Danielson (yet), so im sticking with my original opinion that it is a work.....and it's a f*cking good one if it is!

He was let go less than 2 days ago, so they may have just not go around to it.

A lot of people have been worked if its a work which it isn't such as Melz, PW Insider, The Torch, his fellow ROH guys and us, no way Vince is going to so much hassle to trick a few diehard internet fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-backstage-heat-on-john-cena-for-danielson-tweet-104425
    According to several sources within WWE, John Cena's latest tweet concerning Bryan Danielson's WWE release has garnered Cena quite a bit of heat amongst the boys in the locker room. The general feeling amongst the talent is that they are all part of a major work, as Cena has been curiously outspoken about the release of Bryan Danielson. It is unlikely that a WWE star would ever publicly criticize a decision made by the company, so a lot the guys in the back feel that Cena is in on something that they are not aware of.
    I was told that for the most part John Cena's Tweets, as well as many of the Tweets posted by WWE talent, are worked. WWE has told the talent to create Twitter accounts to help reach out to the internet fans as well as help establish the company's online presence.
    Amongst speculation that Bryan Danielson's WWE firing was merely a formality, and that he might be brought back after his 90 day no-compete clause expires, John Cena opportunistically decides to post a "rant" about the company's decision to fire him. Red flag alert. Cena has NEVER been critical of a WWE decision in the past, yet he seems to be about this particular managerial choice.
    I was told the same red flag was raised when Cena posted a Tweet declaring that he was "behind" the recent push of Evan Bourne. A Tweet like this was most likely done to win the affection of the internet fan base, who largely dislikes Cena, and a vote of confidence for Evan Bourne seems like a vote of confidence for the wrestling purist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Rjd2 wrote: »
    He was let go less than 2 days ago, so they may have just not go around to it.

A lot of people have been worked if its a work which it isn't such as Melz, PW Insider, The Torch, his fellow ROH guys and us, no way Vince is going to so much hassle to trick a few diehard internet fans.

he is tricking alot more than just a few fans.

i would easily go out on a limb here he saying there are thousands if not millions of wrestling fans online. we are all hooked on this story so far. hense the protocole from WWE that twitter will be used more often in characther.

WWE did say that their stories where going to be beyond the norm. i think this is just the start of a new era in WWE.

wait for it.................................... this is "the network" era:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Cena thing is bizarre. They are told to stay in character on that so if what he said is part of that, then it might well be an angle. Yet if it's not, Cena is going out on a limb for a young guy and breaching the company line.

Haven't looked forward to a Raw so much since Bret's return.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

If Danielson is mentioned or even seen on tv tonight it will immediately be known to be a work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

All a work but expect to see him in TNA soon , he will win the title and the following Monday he will show up on Raw and dump the title in a bin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the cena twitter thing makes me think its a work because it seems in character to me but with this story i can think anything could happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭AndywK

campo wrote: »
    All a work but expect to see him in TNA soon , he will win the title and the following Monday he will show up on Raw and dump the title in a bin

I highly doubt that now. That would only show that WWE actually fear TNA somewhat and that's not a message they want to give out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭AndywK

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Since when are WWE Superstars allowed to comment on someone being fired? :cool:

Cena did comment about Carlitos release a while back...

my guess is tonight something on the show will hint about Bryan. just to keep us guessing even further. this is such an obvious work because every time the story has started to mellow, something else comes in to stir it up ala Cena and now JTG.

this maybe be the most intriging story that WWE has ever gone with. if this truely is a work then well done WWE you have truely turned a corner from some of the dullest RAWs in history.

im definitly hooked

the winds of change eh;)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

personally, I don't think there will be mention of Danielson tonight on RAW.

If it is not a work, they will not mention it.

If it is a work, they will not mention it in order to make it seem real.

• Advertisement

personally, I don't think there will be mention of Danielson tonight on RAW.

If it is not a work, they will not mention it.

If it is a work, they will not mention it in order to make it seem real.

but what i mean is they wont mention it but they will somehow make a hint at it. they will prob say something aboout the incident or prob mention that he has been left go or cole will make a slight remark about it. what evr it is it will be a small hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a subtle reference to it which won't clear up the confusion either way. Something like Barrett saying they are here to make a statement, even if they don't quite have their full strength any more. Something along those lines.

If it is an angle, then they are loving the publicity it is generating. If it's not an angle, I'm sure they are still enjoying the reaction.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If he was fired for real (which is what I believe), then they could still mention him on tv now if they are planning to bring him back eventually. They could just turn this real firing into an angle, to sort of make the most of a bad situation that they were forced into

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ayatollah wrote: »

i wont decide fully on if this is a work or not till we see more WWE programing but if i was orcestrating such a worked angle an online petition would def be one thing i would get going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

His profile is still on the website: http://www.wwe.com/superstars/wwenxt/seasonone/danielbryan/bio/

Don't they normally take them down when the person has gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

dlofnep wrote: »
    His profile is still on the website: http://www.wwe.com/superstars/wwenxt/seasonone/danielbryan/bio/

Don't they normally take them down when the person has gone?
    It can take a few days for them to remove it. Batista's and Carlitos were still up days after they left.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jim Ross has updated his blog over at JRsBarBQ.com. Below is an excerpt:
    "[Daniel] Bryan's release from WWE was a head scratcher but none of us likely know exactly what caused this matter to occur. I know that I don't. I do know that I am a fan of the young man's work and wouldn't be surprised to see him back in WWE in the future. If he made a mistake, hopefully it was simply a human error and those sorts of indiscretions are forgivable over time or at least they are in my eyes...
    Bryan was arguably the most talked about, most talented guy on NXT's first season and I just don't think that we've seen the last of him in WWE and that is not 'official' but merely my opinion. Bryan can become a star in WWE and I hope that opportunity presents itself for this respectful, young man of high character who is deserving of all the good things that can come his way. Call me an optimist if you choose but I think that this matter will have a happy ending."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Haven't looked forward to a Raw so much since Bret's return.

Hehe. Welcome to RAW.......IS.......................DANIELSON

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

WWE's greatest angle of the 21st Century at the end of the day lads.. WWE have worked us all brilliantly, using the internets biggest ever hero as they have is epic, at the end of the day WWE will never sack Danielson.. NEVER.. and would cetainly never let him go to TNA. All this attention whether good or bad is exactly what Vince loves, and if they let him continue on the indies then this angle will offically be the greatest of all time in my opinion

Advertisement