Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I've just realised I don't like menthol anymore ,I was never a fan of tobacco liquids, but I've got a terrible "GOO" on me for some tobacco liquid.Menthol has been my all day vape for over a year now. I rekon I'll try RY-4 and some standard stuff ,and I'll get some Joye tobacco liquid. What do you think people?

I just keep coming back to RY4, its great to sample other liquids and switch the odd time but I cant see myself staying away from the RY4 especially when its so cheap from the best shop.

In saying that though I think its time to try some more liquids and try and break the hold RY4 has over me, ill start with those you tried STB.

Anyone try the hypnotic mist from Ecig wizard, I heard its a pretty good vape.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

mewso wrote: »
    I notice Irish Vapers have the Joye liquid - http://www.irishvapers.ie/joeytech-e-liquid/84-30-ml-joyetech-e-liquid.html - I assume it is the same stuff anyway..

Whoops not available until middle of next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Count1

Mewso, did I read somewhere back in this thread that we are getting own vaping section on boards.ie? If so, any idea on timeframes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I just keep coming back to RY4, its great to sample other liquids and switch the odd time but I cant see myself staying away from the RY4 especially when its so cheap from the best shop.

In saying that though I think its time to try some more liquids and try and break the hold RY4 has over me, ill start with those you tried STB.

Anyone try the hypnotic mist from Ecig wizard, I heard its a pretty good vape.

Vanilla the odd time and dekang menthol were my all day vape, today I just feel I'm done with it ,I think I'll order Ry4 tonight and see how I get on, thanks mewso and wingnut32.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's being considered, no official word yet

• Advertisement

Vanilla the odd time and dekang menthol were my all day vape, today I just feel I'm done with it ,I think I'll order Ry4 tonight and see how I get on, thanks mewso and wingnut32.

if you're ordering from the vapourstore, check out dk-tab in their tobacco flavoured juices

i.. can't describe the taste, but it's lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

if you're ordering from the vapourstore, check out dk-tab in their tobacco flavoured juices

i.. can't describe the taste, but it's lovely.

Will do, thanks for the heads up. I wonder if you can get sarsaparilla flavour somewhere ,I have a goo for that too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Count1 wrote: »
    Mewso, did I read somewhere back in this thread that we are getting own vaping section on boards.ie? If so, any idea on timeframes?

Yeah as Sir Digby said we are under consideration now. We got 25 votes which meant it qualified for consideration by the admins. So it's up to them now. I have no idea how long that process takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

alec76 wrote: »

Got delivery of one of these atty's yesterday.... smashing device, great vapour, flavour and no hassle to fill...just drop from a bottle into the cart. Been working flawlessly, wicking is perfect....not a dry hit to be had..

You can replace and wind your own coil with this atty, so resistance can be pretty much what ever takes your fancy...haven't tried it myself yet, but it looks easy enough to do...extra wicking and wire comes as part of the kit

Anyone else got one of these???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

well iv been useing the Clearomizers from thebestshop since monday.
    Was useing 1 all that time and started to get a burnt taste today [i belive this is a normal life expectancey ?]

i disacembled it and cleaned it to see if i could extend its life to a week but cracked the tube so it started to leak :(

when thebestshop reopens in 2 weeks ill defo be ordering another 10 of them.
    34cent a day isant to bad a cost if u ask me. as iv heard the std EGO-T attys last between 4 and 6weeks ? even tho iv heared of some going for upto 3 months :confused: i doubt thats with it being the sole atty being used tho.

I was looking for info on the CE3 Clearomizer and found this

Smokymizer CE3
    We worked on this design since November 2010
    A part of the design has been try to copy, but don't worry it's far from what the final design is.
    Microcig Kept the main secret.
    The tubes will NEVER leak these are on size injected tubes, so also will never crack ! 100% cracking free !!
    Vapor from the Bottom CE3-system
    100 % No Burn taste, guaranteed
    100 % Leaking free
    100 % Suitable for many types and models 510 - eGo - 808D1
    100 % Soldering FREE !
    100 % PURE and CLEAN
    OHMS 2.4-2.7 and 2.8-3.1
    Multi use and long lasting

5 colors available Mosaic clear Tubes
    Easy re-fill unplug CE-tip and fill direct from bottle or syringe

63443610.jpg

The Ce3 will be available late June and early July from what i found.
    wouldant mind trying them out if i can find them forsale.
    was also looking at the ARRY tanks that Samba was talking about

• Advertisement

Stealthirl wrote: »
    was also looking at the ARRY tanks that Samba was talking about

CE3's certainly sound good, hopefully they'll deliver...

regarding the arry tank, if you like Ce2's then the arry tank is definitely worth the few quid. Better but still not perfect wicking, 5ml capacity.... you can use your Ce2's as normal, and when the tubes crack, and you have arry tank innards left over ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

Gryzor wrote: »
    Got delivery of one of these atty's yesterday.... smashing device, great vapour, flavour and no hassle to fill...just drop from a bottle into the cart. Been working flawlessly, wicking is perfect....not a dry hit to be had..

You can replace and wind your own coil with this atty, so resistance can be pretty much what ever takes your fancy...haven't tried it myself yet, but it looks easy enough to do...extra wicking and wire comes as part of the kit

Anyone else got one of these???
    I do like this atty aswell :)
    - Did u get aluminum or stainless steel version ? ( steel looks a way nicer )
    - I've got steel cone foe eGo
    http://bulli-smoker.com/zubehoer2/zubehoer/a2-cone-for-ego.html
    What battery are you using (voltage)? Atty Resistance ?
    my had 2.5 ohm , which is away too much for ego-t battery (3.3v ) IMO.
    1.8-2.0 Ohm seems about right.
    As for the replacing coil/wick , i am happy , that I've ordered additional 5m of it :) If u are looking for particular taste /throat hit u have to waste some wick\wire while practicing .
    Every coil I've made( even with the same resistance) had different taste .(depends how tight is coil around the wick ( don't do it too tight btw ), how close coil connecting to the screws (~1 mm spacing gave me the best result ),position of the coil (on the top of the screws , sideways , next to airhole or opposite ) etc.
    Here are the few pics taken from other forum :

#1 Badly made coil ( can you see that long piece of a wire marked with the red arrows ? Bad idea ..

e3f00da52327.jpg

#2 properly done
    7bbcd30cdf11.jpg
    180a264f5367.jpg

A2 threads
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizers/152893-bulli-smoker-a2-diy-atomiser-similar-nhaler-ato-miser.html
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/3594-bulli-a2-atomizer/

Here is the great and simple tut regarding ohms, voltage and e-cig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Stealthirl wrote: »

[i belive this is a normal life expectancey ?]

i disacembled it and cleaned it to see if i could extend its life to a week but cracked the tube so it started to leak :(

From what limited research I've done, a quick cleaning and dry burn should sort that out and make it work as normal again but I've never actually owned one so haven't tested out if this works. I suspect others get more longevity but again I can't confirm this personally.

Gryzor wrote: »
    CE3's certainly sound good, hopefully they'll deliver...

if you like Ce2's then the arry tank is definitely worth the few quid. Better but still not perfect wicking

Most of these companies selling these parts should be done for false advertising :p

I was under the impression (foolishly from their marketing jibber) that this resolved the clearos wicking issues, obviously not entirely.

I think I'll wait for the CE3, I've enough attys to do me until then but again the age old question with all of these products - Will it actually do what it says on the tin?

The pre launch promotional literature looks very similar to the Ego-T when it was launched, which should have read - Burn taste guaranteed!

alec76 wrote: »
    Did u get aluminum or stainless steel version ? ( steel looks away nicer )
    - I've got steel cone foe eGo
    http://bulli-smoker.com/zubehoer2/zubehoer/a2-cone-for-ego.html
    What battery are you using (voltage)? Atty Resistance ?

Pretty much using it as it came (2.8ohm) at the minute. Have it on the ego at work, and on the provari @ 4v at home. Vapourwise, there isn't a whole lot in it, but a bit more flavour coming through at 4v alright...

Got the aluminium one myself...no real reason behind it. Probably pick up a second one, and grab the tank conversion kit aswell....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

Have it on the ego at work, and on the provari @ 4v at home
    Very same set up here aswell :) Got my Provari last monday (what a fantastic device btw )
    Provari + A2 bulli-smoker would be the right way to go if someone looking for the best build quality kit .IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Im heading out tonight and just wondering if I can fill a spare clearomizer, will it leak if its not upright?? Whenever I have used it before I have always made sure I had it standing upright.

Really enjoying clearomizers but don't wanna flood the atty part of it if i bring it out and am not as cautious as asual with a few drinks, but will use tanks if i have to :(:( but its bye bye to flavour though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

We seem to be getting somewhere with the Vaping Forum. :)

http://boards.ie/tre/2055986688

The things I'm most looking forward to are a FAQ and a juice swapping thread.

I think it should be in Rec not Soc personally. I don't mind if it's a subforum of smoking. Snuff and snuss would fit with smoking so why not vaping?

Anyone want to start putting a FAQ together? Tbh I don't really know what the story is with clearomisers and low res atties. :confused:

Edit: Just remembered that the Smoking forum is private. We don't want to be a subforum in that case. We want to broadcast our wonderful new lifestyle to the world :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

Agonist wrote: »
    We seem to be getting somewhere with the Vaping Forum. :)

http://boards.ie/tre/2055986688

The things I'm most looking forward to are a FAQ and a juice swapping thread.

I think it should be in Rec not Soc personally. I don't mind if it's a subforum of smoking. Snuff and snuss would fit with smoking so why not vaping?

Anyone want to start putting a FAQ together? Tbh I don't really know what the story is with clearomisers and low res atties. :confused:

Edit: Just remembered that the Smoking forum is private. We don't want to be a subforum in that case. We want to broadcast our wonderful new lifestyle to the world :-D

Thumbs up ;)....looking forward to such thread...am really new to the boards so don't know how to do that.

And i've noticed that vaping has become a bit complex with all them new atomizers etc..sometimes it's just hard to follow up !

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/low-res-mega-ego-atomiser-cone-/prod_270.html

anyone know if these are the same as the ego tank B attys ? they look the same, and the picture for the "cartridges" matches the empty tanks I got with my egoTB.

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/low-res-mega-ego-atomiser-cone-/prod_270.html

anyone know if these are the same as the ego tank B attys ? they look the same, and the picture for the "cartridges" matches the empty tanks I got with my egoTB.

Well it's a mega atty not a tank and it's cone shaped. Type B is cylinder shaped I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gunn3rs

I have an ego-T, does anyone know if I can use a clearomizer with that? I was thinking of purchasing the product below just not 100% sure will it fit.

http://www.irishvapers.ie/cartomizers/75-clrearomizers.html

gunn3rs wrote: »
    I have an ego-T, does anyone know if I can use a clearomizer with that? I was thinking of purchasing the product below just not 100% sure will it fit.

http://www.irishvapers.ie/cartomizers/75-clrearomizers.html

Yes anything that is a 510 connection will work on an eGo battery. There may be clearomizer variants out there with 901/801 connections but when in doubt you are looking for atomisers that fit a 510 battery which is what the eGo is.

Cheers for the quick reply. I have only been vaping for a couple of weeks and was disappointed to find the attys that came with my starter kit are already faulty. One of them I cant get any pull from it, its like sucking a closed cap and the other has the dreaded burnt taste. Would you recommend the clearomizer as opposed to just purchasing the ego-T attys again?

gunn3rs wrote: »
    Cheers for the quick reply. I have only been vaping for a couple of weeks and was disappointed to find the attys that came with my starter kit are already faulty. One of them I cant get any pull from it, its like sucking a closed cap and the other has the dreaded burnt taste. Would you recommend the clearomizer as opposed to just purchasing the ego-T attys again?

Well the eGo-Ts are great when they work. I can get past the burnt taste most of the time by puffing on them a few times as recommended by Opit here so that might be worth a try. I still consider them the best thing going when they are working well but they do seem inconsistent and unfortunately it's a risk and you'll have to decide for yourself. I have bought eGo-T attys from thevapourstore and thebestshop without any issues and both as far as I am aware will replace them if they are faulty.

As to the Clearomizers. I'm trying my first over the last few days and they are well worth a go particularly for the price. I find the flavour is great but the throat hit not so good. Because I like a good throat hit I find myself taking a long pull and that then tends to affect flavour - i.e. a longer pull seems to result in a drier more burnt taste. It's a finicky re-fill procedure too. Overall though well worth a look. Next up I'm waiting on some SmokeTech Dual Coil Cartomizers. They look interesting.

Others here might have differing opinions on the clearomizers. I'm only really at a first impressions stage.

Yeah, its all about the throat hit me as well. Pity, they looked promising. Whoever comes up with a reliable product that doesn't burn out after a few weeks is going to be a rich man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I invested in the arry carto tank, brilliant device as the carto is always kept wet and I usually get 8-10 days out of the carto. Only downside is filling is a pain in the arse as is replacing the carto inside. Still I get more than a days vaping out of one tank.

Im liking the dual coil cartos at the minute and Im tempted to get the dcc arry tank!

Throat hit is a concern of mine also with the clearos but I think at this point i'd be prepered to sacrifice it for more consistent vape, is it true the Arry tank improves throat hit?

I've read this on a few forums, though that could easily just be Arry pimping :)

Don't get me wrong the throat hit isn't non-existent. Give them a try I say as it's good value (5 in a pack).

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Samba wrote: »
    Throat hit is a concern of mine also with the clearos but I think at this point i'd be prepered to sacrifice it for more consistent vape, is it true the Arry tank improves throat hit?

I've read this on a few forums, though that could easily just be Arry pimping :)

I have no problems with the the carto tank, throat hit is great partly because I use the LR cartos with it.

Regarding clearomizers I found the throat hit to be ok, hit and miss really. What I done to improve this was to take the smaller bung out completely, turn the larger bung upside down and put the cap back on. This made a huge difference in throat hit but the downside is that the liquid can leak down to the battery end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

mewso wrote: »
    Whoops not available until middle of next week.

I just ordered some, I'll keep you posted how I get along..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sotajiq

Hi guys,
    I want to share my experience with e-cigs as well.
    I was using some unknown e-cig about 10 months ago, then I switched to joye eGo and I was quite happy with battery life per charge and the throat hit. The thing I don't like in eGo is the cartridges never last long and you need to have back up in your pocket all the time if you going out for a drink or so. I don't know about yous guys but when I drink I smoke a lot :) Now I'm using eGo-T (Tank Version 950 mAh Battery) bigger battery and tank cartridge last me longer.
    Here is some links for shopping tested from me:
    Amazon.co.uk - sometimes you can find very good deals here.
    The Vapour Store - Irish website, fast and reliable
    Smoke Green Store - ordered few times from them, can't complain. I think they are Irish as well but not sure.

Hope that helps. :)

Advertisement