Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ctepbo3a

Our FIS is 20.09. Hopefully one month to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lady m

Does anyone know what date they are working on my renewal date is 05/09. I'm hoping we will have it back for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hippy_hi

By the sounds of Annie63 you should have your FIS back by Christmas...mine was up 14th September and I have always received it by Christmas. Fingers crossed X

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

Dunno how they are on August the 9th cause I rang 2 days ago and they were only on June 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

lady m wrote: »
    Does anyone know what date they are working on my renewal date is 05/09. I'm hoping we will have it back for xmas
    You will definately have your payment before xmas.I would say by the first week of december.

• Advertisement

thanks yabadabado...here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 28 yummymummy1979

hi all.
    my renewal is 16th of this month. just two questions.
    what is the waiting time currently and my hubbys hours increased in summer but went back down in september to 24 hrs. will the fact it increased for a while have any effect on our renewal?
    thanks
    Donna

hi all.
    my renewal is 16th of this month. just two questions.
    what is the waiting time currently and my hubbys hours increased in summer but went back down in september to 24 hrs. will the fact it increased for a while have any effect on our renewal?
    thanks
    Donna

Hi Donna,

It shouldn't have much impact on the FIS unless he was earning extortionate amount during the summer. The employer will be completing the form stating how many hours your husband is now working - how many hours, to ensure he is working the 19/week or 38/forthnight.

They do calculate the payment for FIS to an average of the last few weeks. As far as I know they average it out for the last 4 weeks if he gets paid weekly, and 8 weeks if he gets paid monthly.

The current wait time looks like average of 3 months from looking at other boards posts.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

hippy_hi wrote: »
    Hi Donna,

It shouldn't have much impact on the FIS unless he was earning extortionate amount during the summer. The employer will be completing the form stating how many hours your husband is now working - how many hours, to ensure he is working the 19/week or 38/forthnight.

They do calculate the payment for FIS to an average of the last few weeks. As far as I know they average it out for the last 4 weeks if he gets paid weekly, and 8 weeks if he gets paid monthly.

The current wait time looks like average of 3 months from looking at other boards posts.

Hope that helps
    FIS renewals are calculated using P60 or gross to date(GTD) from the payslip minus the relevent deductions they don't use an average of 4/8 weeks unless it's not possible to use P60 or GTD.

• Advertisement

FIS renewals are calculated using P60 or gross to date(GTD) from the payslip minus the relevent deductions they don't use an average of 4/8 weeks unless it's not possible to use P60 or GTD.

thanks both for information, his p60 for last year only has €2000 as he only started back working last november so they prob use his gross pay to date.
    itl be a long wait so. anyone know what you need to bring in to community welfare officer so they can give us something while we wait
    thanks
    Donna

If you are paid weekly or fortnightly, your family income is based on the weekly average of your assessable earnings for a four week period.

If you are paid monthly, your average family income is based on your weekly average assessable earnings in a set two month period.

That was just copied from Welfare.ie under 'How is my average family income calculatd?', just to let you know.

Thanks

If you are paid weekly or fortnightly, your family income is based on the weekly average of your assessable earnings for a four week period.

If you are paid monthly, your average family income is based on your weekly average assessable earnings in a set two month period.

That was just copied from Welfare.ie under 'How is my average family income calculatd?', just to let you know.

Thanks

Do you have a link to that information ?
    They have been using P60/GTD for renewals for a long time, as it is seen as the fairest way to get the accessible income.

Thanks
    we filled out 6 weeks on form, hope they use this average rather than gross to date as gross includes extra money he earned last summer. but dont think he'l get extra hours this year.
    thanks

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW22/Pages/7Howismyaveragefamilyincomecalculated.aspx

Iv been getting FIS and they always seem to work it our from my pay slips (I get paid monthly - so I expect an average of the previous two months).

If they didn't do it that way I would appeal it, as it says it clearly on the link above how they do it. (Dont appeal it though if the calculations work out better for yourself if they average it out over the year!! :))

we filled out 6 weeks on form, hope they use this average rather than gross to date as gross includes extra money he earned last summer. but dont think he'l get extra hours this year.
    thanks

Think you'll be safe enough, as if they do it over the full year and it doesn't suit you can appeal, and appeal on the basis of the link above, Welfare.ie website information that they work it out via the recent weeks/months.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW22/Pages/7Howismyaveragefamilyincomecalculated.aspx

Iv been getting FIS and they always seem to work it our from my pay slips (I get paid monthly - so I expect an average of the previous two months).

If they didn't do it that way I would appeal it, as it says it clearly on the link above how they do it. (Dont appeal it though if the calculations work out better for yourself if they average it out over the year!! :))
    from the link:
    However, if it’s more appropriate, a Deciding Officer or an Appeals Officer may work out your weekly income on the basis of some other period. For example, they may use your P60 to calculate your average income from employment.
    As I have said they have been using P60/GDT for a long time now.If you are always on the same wage/salary ,there wouldn't be any way of knowing which figure they have used.
    BTW they wont decrease your payment if you appeal and they could have taken another figure/calculation.

I work extra hours during the summer months and if they calculated mine via the full year I would barely get the minimum amount, so they have been doing mine by way of the recent two month period for the past at least 5 years.

Maybe its different whoever person does the calculations up in the office, or maybe it is because I always write a letter with mine indicating my two pay slips are included etc and highlight the two month period and state the average working hours over the last two months in that letter.

So in effect I might actually be helping myself, along with helping them do their job LOL

Does anyone know what date they are working on now with the renewals...i was just talking to someone who said they are working on june but can tat be right

I work extra hours during the summer months and if they calculated mine via the full year I would barely get the minimum amount, so they have been doing mine by way of the recent two month period for the past at least 5 years.

Maybe its different whoever person does the calculations up in the office, or maybe it is because I always write a letter with mine indicating my two pay slips are included etc and highlight the two month period and state the average working hours over the last two months in that letter.

So in effect I might actually be helping myself, along with helping them do their job LOL
    If you are highlighting the 2 months and mentioning the extra hours are only in the summer,that might be the reason they have been doing it that way but I reckon whenever your claim is up for renewal it will be assessed with P60/GTD as there is a definite shift towards all claims being done that way going forward.
    let us know how you get on whenever you get your renewal.

• Advertisement

Will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Love Sunny days

I'm 25July & money just landed in my account:)) 16 weeks to the day! I just have a question if anyone knows the answer.... It's an odd amount- aren't the weekly payments rounded up or down to the nearest 10??? Or have they changed this?

I'm 25July & money just landed in my account:)) 16 weeks to the day! I just have a question if anyone knows the answer.... It's an odd amount- aren't the weekly payments rounded up or down to the nearest 10??? Or have they changed this?
    rounded up to the nearest Euro.

yabadabado wrote: »
    rounded up to the nearest Euro.
    Thanks Yaba ! Good Luck to everyone waiting.....hope you get sorted soon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anjo70

hi Love sunny days .. can i ask were u a new claim or were u reapplying my date was 15 july still no move on it & the back to school have rang me 3 times to let me know they are ready to pay me just waiting om Fis .. does anyone know what date they are processing at the min :)

anjo70 wrote: »
    hi Love sunny days .. can i ask were u a new claim or were u reapplying my date was 15 july still no move on it & the back to school have rang me 3 times to let me know they are ready to pay me just waiting om Fis .. does anyone know what date they are processing at the min :)
    Hey!! Mine was a renewal. The last payment I received was the 18 July so my renewal date was the following week which was 25 July. It's been a hard 16 weeks so i feel your pain!! Sit tight & hopefully something will be in your account tomorrow morn!

Forgot to mention that I phoned up on Mon & was told my payment hadn't been awarded yet but got it tonight!! It's really just a waiting game!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anjo70

Hey!! Mine was a renewal. The last payment I received was the 18 July so my renewal date was the following week which was 25 July. It's been a hard 16 weeks so i feel your pain!! Sit tight & hopefully something will be in your account tomorrow morn!

thanks Love sunny days ..i will do ..im a new claim so im thinking i'll be a little while yet just hope its before christmas

anjo70 wrote: »
    thanks Love sunny days ..i will do ..im a new claim so im thinking i'll be a little while yet just hope its before christmas

new claims thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056510787

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

Hi Donna,

Hope that helps

How could they average It over 8 w eeks if its monthly pay.

Advertisement