Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 damad1

They killed grammie
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

Ah I really liked the granny, Mike is so going off the rails next week only for Rachel to help him.

This just gets better and better, I'm glad they've exteneded it to 16 episodes but waiting until Jan to see the fall out of the vote is gonna be a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭squonk

Great set up episode for the mid season finale! That really can't be appropriate workplace attire having the little Donna's jiggling about like that... not that I'm complaining mind :). As returns go, it's way up there with the best!

I'm sorry to see Granny go but she wasn't germaine to the plot anymore so it's not a big factor. She was a nice old lady though.

Are we sure that the outcome of the vote is going to be in Jan? I thought maybe there'd be some fallout from the vote that would keep us waiting going by the promo at the end of my copy. Can't believe it's almost over again for a few months... damn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I had kind of hoped we would hear of a season 3 renewal before the mid-season break.

I just seen the preview of this weeks episode. It looks class. Louis is really growing on me now. So if the vote doesn't go Jessicas way what do you reckon to Jessica and Harvey leaving to set up Pearson Specter??

Should the renewal have been announced yet, i'm not sure when that happens fir the summer shows.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I just seen the preview of this weeks episode. It looks class. Louis is really growing on me now. So if the vote doesn't go Jessicas way what do you reckon to Jessica and Harvey leaving to set up Pearson Specter??

Should the renewal have been announced yet, i'm not sure when that happens fir the summer shows.

^ just announced.....renewed for 6 seasons, and a (tv) movie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭squonk

That's a great development. It gives the writers a chance to plan their story arcs now well in advance. I'm delighted we've 4 more seasons of Donna :). It's well deserved. Ordinarilly White Collar was my favourite USA show but I think Suits has just pegged it this year due to the more excellent storyline. They're two quality shows from a single network, and throw in Covert Affairs as well and USA has a very strong offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

^ just announced.....renewed for 6 seasons, and a (tv) movie ;)

I'm guessing you've made that up. Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No news of renewal..

.. Richard Dower's comment was a 'Community' reference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ no one see the winky wink?

• Advertisement

Thats great. Hopfully it will keep getting better and better.

That should be enough time for Mike to actually become a lawyer ;)

..................Awh I really liked the sound of that

Basq wrote: »
    No news of renewal..

.. Richard Dower's comment was a 'Community' reference.

I should have gotten that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just realised Gabriel Macht(Harvey) was in The Spirit .

5DAD4C0C-4F94-46FA-98C5-ED32F2637330-27376-0000085F4F357EAC.jpg

His best quote in the whole film

"Somebody get me a tie and it sure as hell better be red!"

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think it is a safe bet for renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:eek:

Mind. Blown.
    Louis you crafter little bugger. He knew all along.

Good episode I thought. It wrapped everything up and didn't leave us with an annoying 5 month cliffhanger. At least not a cliffhanger we care about anyway. Sure invite her in Mike. The more the merrier! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

"I always pay my debts. I'm a Lannister." :D Can't wait for the rest of the season

Also we were *THIS* close to finding out about the can-opener!

I burst out laughing at then Louis said he was a Lannister.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Kirby wrote: »
    :eek:

Mind. Blown.

Louis you crafter little bugger. He knew all along.

did he, i think he was just saying to himself, i got my senior partnership, im happy.

it was all kind of an anti-climax :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I thought they could have at least dragged out Harman owning the roost for the a while longer as it felt rushed.

And I had a feeling Rachel would answer the door! But it was good seeing Harvey letting his hair down, smoking some dope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Conor108 wrote: »
    "I always pay my debts. I'm a Lannister." :D Can't wait for the rest of the season

Also we were *THIS* close to finding out about the can-opener!

But where does the tack come into it? :D

Ah, Mike. First you get with Jenny and mess up her relationship with your friend. Now you get with a married woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Mc Love wrote: »
    But it was good seeing Harvey letting his hair down, smoking some dope :)
    but he knew whos dope it was, and jessica partakes in it from time to time also:D

i was kinda hoping to have a lot more legal stuff and expected hardman to stay around at least for the other 6 episodes,

itll be interesting to see how mike plays it out with rachael, and also i thought he would have moved out of his apartment,

not the big cliffhanger i was expecting, but still it tied up a few storyline,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

did he, i think he was just saying to himself, i got my senior partnership, im happy.

it was all kind of an anti-climax :/

Absolutely agree. I love this show but, for me, this was probably one of the worst episodes.

There's still a lot of unanswered questions regarding Mike & Rachel, Louis' plan, and will Hardman return fighting. The thing that bothered me about this episode was that it was all a bit rushed. They had a huge amount of story to tell in 40 minutes, but for me it was distracting having so much go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I love this show [any show with Donna in it pretty much Wins The Universe by default], but damn they were trying way too hard with the plot-lines on the summer finale.

*About 15 spoilers follow*

The boardroom coup was dealt with almost sight unseen within the first five minutes. Mike gives some weird (and unconvincing) rationalization as to why he can't lock lips with the lithe Rachel. Louis goes darkside. Then back to the good side. Mike's ex with bad hair, Tess, turns up at Grammy's funeral. Mike gives quite bizarre funeral oration (if I didn't know better, I'd say the scriptwriters were exacting a terrible revenge upon Patrick Adams for some slight, by having him discuss his bedwetting at length). Ex with bad hair is married. Boardroom coup is overturned. Mike gets it on with his Ex With Bad Hair and breaks Rachel's heart.

A big part of the problem is that they chose to use as the summer cliffhanger the weakest link possible - Mike's love life. Does anyone care Jenny is gone? Does anyone see great possibilities for Tess With The Bad Tresses? The future of the company at stake would have been a cliffhanger. Donna chipping a nail or walking to the photocopier would have been a cliffhanger. Mike getting uncovered as a fraud would have been a cliffhanger. Mike with dodgy bird and Rachel at the door is...meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm getting a subtle hint that you didn't like Tess's hair.

And it was Rachel that gave the reason, which was a good reason - His Gran just died and she didn't want Mike to be doing anything rash due to that. But yeah I agree on it being a crap cliffhanger. Last season's cliffhanger was better since it did leave you wondering what would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm getting a subtle hint that you didn't like Tess's hair.

And it was Rachel that gave the reason, which was a good reason - His Gran just died and she didn't want Mike to be doing anything rash due to that. But yeah I agree on it being a crap cliffhanger. Last season's cliffhanger was better since it did leave you wondering what would happen.

I dunno, Tess seems to be growing her roots out or something. She also seems to be one of a now unending line of Mike's Background Love Interests, about which few people now give a fcuk. Jenny and Tess both have that anodyne quality usually possessed by the pretty but not terribly interesting girl who's the first or second female character to die in a slasher movie.

I get the reasoning behind his romantic aberration, I just couldn't bring myself to give a damn. Mike as a character I'd much rather started to man up, and go through some serious grown-up stuff between himself and Rachel. We know Tess is going to be romantic roadkill by the end of January, so it kind of takes all the suspense out of it.

Arguments over the decor in Mike and Rachel's new Manhattan pad - now that would be real drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

It wasn't a great conclusion to this season, and the new love triangle with Mike is already boring me. I'm still looking forward to its return in January - hopefully with more of Harvey smoking more!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

I HATE that bollox Lewis and them big teeth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He reminds me of the happy gopher. :p

Happy Gopher
    tumblr_lqazo68JXe1r1narho1_500.png

Louis Litt
    437401-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Happy-Gopher-Using-A-Desktop-Computer.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I think they chose Mike's lovelife as the tie-in to next season because in all honesty, he's taken the back-seat in this season. They haven't played on his "genius" nearly half as much. The second season matured a lot, and the show became a lot more serious. That's down to the internal power struggle vs the case of the week format in season one.
    I think that because Mike is the new guy, and therefore doesn't have a strong hand in the internal politics side of things, the show writers needed a way to keep Mike in the story. And then there's only two options, a troublesome love story, or his "real" college background. Both can/will become tiresome.

All completely speculative!

Advertisement