Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Finally got a bombadier medal today in a KV2. Was fighting it out on the hill on himmelsdorf and shot a low health t-150 with an unfortunate SARL 42 on 5% health next to him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well the agony choice is up; basically do you want coated optics (and AMX CDC for 3 days) or Binos (and Jagpz. 88 for 3 days); earn 15k exp while being top ten in French/German tanks and you can only complete one of the two missions and there's no way to keep either short of buying it outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jaysus, I am getting raped today in wot...

So you need to get 15k xp in 3 days? I presume doubles and premium does not count in? I would love to get French medium tank, but 8.8 is being removed so I better go for it. On top of that I have only AMX 50 100 in french line.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Jaysus, I am getting raped today in wot...

So you need to get 15k xp in 3 days? I presume doubles and premium does not count in? I would love to get French medium tank, but 8.8 is being removed so I better go for it. On top of that I have only AMX 50 100 in french line.
    Doubles etc. do count but you only get the tank for 3 days without crew :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I'll go for the CDC for the Optics and just to have the chance of playing it. At least any equipment you install on the rental is returned to your depot unlike the IS-6 rental where equipment got destroyed. Ah, IS-6 charging into battle with Toolbox, Binoculars and Camouflage Net, how fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nody wrote: »
    Doubles etc. do count but you only get the tank for 3 days without crew :(

I though you can keep it, you do the mission? Or you will only have it for 3 days if you do 15k mission?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I though you can keep it, you do the mission? Or you will only have it for 3 days if you do 15k mission?!

You keep the binos/optics. But the tanks are only "rentals" for three days, and are gone after that. The missions for earn tanks are much, much longer affairs then a mere 15k XP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Finally some movement on the FV201/A45:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/516200-fv-201-bundles-available-in-the-gift-shop/

These look the same as the NA Freedom To Play mission. Earning the rental part isn't too harsh, but the kills when rented is a bit demanding.

Spear wrote: »
    Finally some movement on the FV201/A45:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/516200-fv-201-bundles-available-in-the-gift-shop/

These look the same as the NA Freedom To Play mission. Earning the rental part isn't too harsh, but the kills when rented is a bit demanding.
    Meh I think I'll stick with the TOG as crew trainer if I ever need it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Got the FV201. It's a fun tank.

• Advertisement

Got the FV201. It's a fun tank.
    Yea but the EU version will be in 8 days score 250k exp and kill 100 tanks from each country OR buy these 10 EUR tokens for each country which each counts as 50k exp knowing the EU team's competence level...

Yea but the EU version will be in 8 days score 250k exp and kill 100 tanks from each country OR buy these 10 EUR tokens for each country which each counts as 50k exp knowing the EU team's competence level...

Seems the Asia server finally got me something nice... just 15k a day, double exp on tanks counts etc and you get a token and on the weekend you could complete the event 3 times and get the resulting 3 tokens. 30 tokens max and tank in account. Was simple to be fair. I actually paid like $3 to finish it off as I missed a couple of days through illness (and a recent resub back to Eve online is now taking a lot of my time).

To be fair... that EU mission sounds awful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Got wot working on Xbox one last night its improved controls from 360 I'm finding, done a few missions in multiplayer was good fun, got a medal for good gunner and something else, think in one of the mission's I destroyed two tanks and damaged two others and got an assist before getting blown up, really enjoyed it

The One and 360 share account and play against each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PreparationH

Finally got my 5th skill on my Wz-131 crew :D

Took about 850 games in the WZ-131 and 750 in the Type 64 premium tanks with the same crew. I'll post a screenshot when I have enough posts to allow attachments.

Phew! :D

I just checked out vbaddict and it tells me I need 3,359,420 crew xp to get the next skill lol

I just checked out vbaddict and it tells me I need 3,359,420 crew xp to get the next skill lol
    A member of our clan is up to 9th skill started now on his type 59. He needed something silly like 26 million exp to get it completed; linky here. Now he is VERY much in love with the 59 and had over 250 million silver last time I checked but yea, personally I'm up to 4th skill at most.

A member of our clan is up to 8th skill started now on his type 59. He needs something silly like 25 million exp to get it completed.

...and I thought I was bad :D

Go play a battle and you'll get your BT-7A now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I recently got the T34. Not that impressed with it. Seems slow and the guns inaccurate or low damage. Seems to be designed to push you to the T-34-85.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Finally got my 5th skill on my Wz-131 crew :D

Took about 850 games in the WZ-131 and 750 in the Type 64 premium tanks with the same crew. I'll post a screenshot when I have enough posts to allow attachments.

Phew! :D

did you ever go to the 132? probably my fav all rounder light tank at t8. the gun is so good.

A member of our clan is up to 9th skill started now on his type 59. He needed something silly like 26 million exp to get it completed; linky here. Now he is VERY much in love with the 59 and had over 250 million silver last time I checked but yea, personally I'm up to 4th skill at most.

seen a QB elc player replay from the asia server and he had his 8th or 9th.. ridiculous!!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    did you ever go to the 132? probably my fav all rounder light tank at t8. the gun is so good.

Yeah I got the 132, got Ace Mastery on it and sold it. To be honest, I found that Tier for Tier the 131 was a far superior tank. I always felt that the 132 was a kind of a plastic medium. The RoF on the 100mm is crap, the DPM is 300 less than the 131's 85mm and it's reverse speed inadequate for the increase in tank size from the 131.

After the 131, I never felt like the 132 was an upgrade. Good to know you mastered it though, you don't happen to play a lot of meds do you?

beauf wrote: »
    I recently got the T34. Not that impressed with it. Seems slow and the guns inaccurate or low damage. Seems to be designed to push you to the T-34-85.

It's not that fast, no. But it is a late 30's design, it had its limitations in the real world and in-game despite the mythology that surrounds it. The T34-85 by contrast came after nearly 5 years of bitter experiences, so while it's a step up, particularly in firepower, it's still not a speed-demon either.

But the guns have decent pen and very high rates of fire.

And I now have an excuse to boast of this game too:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1002036#mines-thespearman-t-34

And high scores aside, it does show the value of manuevering and flanking heavies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'm fine with the M4 or PzIV. I thought the T34 would play the same but better. It doesn't really. I'm going down the Covenanter line at the moment, that line (Brit Med) seems to be deadly in the current patch.

3348 damage... very nice indeed. Did 3143 on my T67 once... we lost, of course. That team needed more carry than I had ammo...

beauf wrote: »
    I'm fine with the M4 or PzIV. I thought the T34 would play the same but better. It doesn't really. I'm going down the Covenanter line at the moment, that line (Brit Med) seems to be deadly in the current patch.

The US T34 is very much a second line heavy. It's reload coupled with weak hull armour means it hard to push with it. You just get punished too much.

I find it makes more sense to treat it like the turreted US TDs like the T30 that looks exactly the same as it. I find in fact that tanks like the T28proto, T30 and T34 made me a better player as you have to play quite a deliberate game with them. No rushing about getting into trouble early.

Yeah I got the 132, got Ace Mastery on it and sold it. To be honest, I found that Tier for Tier the 131 was a far superior tank. I always felt that the 132 was a kind of a plastic medium. The RoF on the 100mm is crap, the DPM is 300 less than the 131's 85mm and it's reverse speed inadequate for the increase in tank size from the 131.

After the 131, I never felt like the 132 was an upgrade. Good to know you mastered it though, you don't happen to play a lot of meds do you?

yeah, i mostly play meds and lights. i found the 131 got into a lot of t10 games and the 132 for me was way more suited for t10, its probably the most agile of the t8 meds, has best camo afaik, might be wrong about the german t8 though. only t7 light i kept was the m41 for obvious reasons.

if i had another chinese crew i would probably rebuy the 131 or even the 59-16 for missions. for all their hate i found the chinese lights to be class. i have the wz120 unlocked about a year ago but never bothered buying it.

The US T34 is very much a second line heavy. It's reload coupled with weak hull armour means it hard to push with it. You just get punished too much.

I find it makes more sense to treat it like the turreted US TDs like the T30 that looks exactly the same as it. I find in fact that tanks like the T28proto, T30 and T34 made me a better player as you have to play quite a deliberate game with them. No rushing about getting into trouble early.

i think he emans the russian t34 at tier 5?

have been tempted to re buy the t28 proto and go for the t28/t95/e3.

i have the t110e4 and for all the flak it gets, its still a mosnter of a td/heavy hybrid.

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i think he emans the russian t34 at tier 5?

have been tempted to re buy the t28 proto and go for the t28/t95/e3.

i have the t110e4 and for all the flak it gets, its still a mosnter of a td/heavy hybrid.
    I honestly don't understand the hate for the T28/T95/E3 line. Yes you are slow but so beeping what? Simply plan a bit ahead and it's not an issue most of the time; heck I've even solo capped in the T95 for crying out loud. I loved both of them and if you got the E4 done you'll only miss tracks for elite status basically every tier :)

The real annoyance is the additional loader you need to pick up (can't recall if it is on the T28 or the T95).

Advertisement