Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game: ESPN Eliminator Challenge (Last Man Standing/Suicide Pool) - Anyone Interested?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

In and pick made

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Yeah stuck in a pick too.

Anyone who's interested I saw on the dublin rhinos fb page that they are doing a paid Lms

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

pick made. 41 enteries should waaay more than the 20 you wanted !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Last Man Standing with a current pot of €160 - €10 entry fee. Makes it a little more interesting and some of the funds will go to support a local team (Rhinos)

http://www.runlastman.com/competitions/221-west-dublin-rhinos-rhinos-last-man-standing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Currently have 47 entries! I'll be locking it tomorrow before the games begin so nobody can leave and rejoin if they lose in week 1 :D.

If we get to 50 entries someone manages to go all the way, I will award a prize*.

http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-eliminator-challenge/2014/en/group?groupID=28704

*Packer fans ineligible for prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Oat23 wrote: »

*Packer fans ineligible for prize.

Closing this in a few hours, so one last bump before then.

Currently at 50 entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Just joined there! :)

16 of ye heading out after the first week if the Eagles don't pull it out.

31 out if the Bears lose as well. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Oat23 wrote: »
    16 of ye heading out after the first week if the Eagles don't pull it out.

31 out if the Bears lose as well. :pac:

As a Redskins fan I should be happy with an eagles loss but they're my pick and I can't go out in week 1!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm the only one who took the Pats and that aint looking too good right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Bears Bills game just started overtime. I can't seem to find any "Rules", what happens if it is a tie game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

****in Bears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

poldebruin wrote: »
    I'm in and picked. One and done here would suck.

Done. Thanks Chicago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ffs...

Several of us through to Week 2 thanks to the Jets :)

They sure made hard work of it though!

19 people out in week one thanks to the Bears losing to the Bills.
    31 left standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

19 people out in week one thanks to the Bears losing to the Bills.
    31 left standing.
    Plus those of us who expect the Giants to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Picked the pats for week two. No way Tom and bill start off 0-2.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Picked the pats for week two. No way Tom and bill start off 0-2.

AP against the Patriots run D?

I think the Vikings have a mighty chance, playing at home too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

mikemac1 wrote: »
    AP against the Patriots run D?

I think the Vikings have a mighty chance, playing at home too

I actually found this week pretty tough to call. I've gone for the Saints @ Cleveland, but I'm not 100% sure of that either.

Green Bay should win, but as an ever optimistic Jets fan, I see us running them very close

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Should get easier picks later on in the season as we get a better idea of who's good and bad.

The Giants & Rams are brutal. Going to pick whoever is playing them a lot in this. Giants at home to the Cards. I like the Cards. Good offense and adequate defense should be enough it take care of G-men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'm follow 2 rules until it's impossible to do so. Never pick a road team, and always pick the best team available (i.e. no saving teams for another week).

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Well that'll teach me never bet against your own team - even if they have just lost at home to the bills & away to the 49ers!!!

2-0. Although Kansas City was a bit more squeaky bum than I would have thought.

Well that'll teach me never bet against your own team - even if they have just lost at home to the bills & away to the 49ers!!!

Picked against the Bears as well :o. I forgot to do my picks all week and only had SNF and MNF left to choose from by the time I noticed. MNF is too close to call for me, so went with the Niners at home.

Ah well.

Bears were poor Week 1

I was confident the Niners would crush them with a powerful run game

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I think a good tactic going forward could be to pick whoever is playing Jacksonville.

• Advertisement

15 Brave souls left standing from the 19 that progressed last week. Squeaky bum time for the ten that had the Pats over the Raiders. The Dolphins failed to produce the goods and by the look of things there are 3 people who either didn't make a pick or have picked the niners or bears in tonights matchup. Can't say I'd fancy picking a winner between either of them.

Advertisement