Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What if

Options
  • 20-08-2014 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't expecting much from this from the trailer, saw it in cineworld today, but it worked much better than I thought it would, I loved it. It was indeed, kinda cheesy and some cliches and stupid laughs, but it was kinda touching, it made me laugh a lot, I thought some of the cinematography was great, specially when they somehow made Dublin look spectacular :pac: definitely recommended.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Saw this last night, yep really enjoyed it - more than I thought I would tbh!
    A nice sweet movie, some very funny parts and one of the most originallly done and styled rom coms Ive seen in a long time, plus having the Dublin scenes in it actually looking great was pretty cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I didn't twig it was Canada to be honest till they started mentioning toronto :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Exactly, same here, thought NY or something then was like "oh!!!" lol Very rare they do movies like that there, very well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,992 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can Daniel Radcliffe pull off a leading man in a rom com, has he that charisma?

Well I thought he did. They never explain why him, his sister and his nephew all live in Canada with British accents though, I think his ex girlfriend had a british accent as well, and they never say why.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    Well I thought he did. They never explain why him, his sister and his nephew all live in Canada with British accents though, I think his ex girlfriend had a british accent as well, and they never say why.

He still looks so young to me but will give this a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Can Daniel Radcliffe pull off a leading man in a rom com, has he that charisma?

I was a bit like you but I have to Radcliffe could be the next Hugh Grant, in the right romantic comedic role he will be a total believable Leading man. He's very good in this.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I was a bit like you but I have to Radcliffe could be the next Hugh Grant, in the right romantic comedic role he will be a total believable Leading man. He's very good in this.

Daniel plays the bumbling idiot well so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Daniel plays the bumbling idiot well so :p

Pretty much, I don't think it's the best film since 500 Days of summer as the posters have it (would you even call that film a Romantic film??). But it's a fun way to spend a afternoon, Zoe Kazan has a easy charm to her and her and Daniel have great chemistry. Adam Driver, Megan Park and Mackenzie Davis are great support. Rafe Spall is a little wasted as Kazan's boyfriend, the man deserves better.

It's the best film since Kisses, that I thought Dublin was shot wonderfully especially at night. Always nice to see your home town look nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

We went to see this tonight. I loved it, it's definitely my kind of movie. Kind of reminded me of how me and my boyfriend met/ended up together and I think it did for him too cause he didn't hate it, and usually he would not enjoy those kind of movies at all!

It was so weird seeing Harry Potter as an adult though, couldn't get my head around that! And I think the ending was a bit of a let down but otherwise I loved it

• Advertisement

So the blu ray came out today, and I swear the sound is a little bit off, maybe its just me.

Advertisement