Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Cooking Club Week 2: Chilli Beef with Noodles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I actually stir fried all the veg first for about 10 mins, then took them out... only then did I put in the meat. Cooked the meat for about 5 mins then chucked the veg back in the stirred it all together. We ate every bit of it, I almost licked the plate clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

I almost licked the plate clean!

I have this image in my head now of a stranger licking a plate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

The beef is marinating in the fridge now. I'm going to leave it overnight. I could say this is to maximise the flavour, but I'm not gonna lie, I just can't wait two hours for dinner so I'll eat something else now and have it tomorrow night! :D

Malari wrote: »
    The beef is marinating in the fridge now. I'm going to leave it overnight. I could say this is to maximise the flavour, but I'm not gonna lie, I just can't wait two hours for dinner so I'll eat something else now and have it tomorrow night! :D

Love your honesty :o

Had this last night and it was really tasty! Made wholewheat soba noodles and steamed broccoli to go with it. It took 10 minutes once I had the meat marinated so I would definitely go for this again for a quickie mid-week dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I don't have Mirin/Dry Sherry or groundnut/peanut oil. Is there anything I could substitute them with?

Tusky wrote: »
    I don't have Mirin/Dry Sherry or groundnut/peanut oil. Is there anything I could substitute them with?

I'd just use vegetable oil and you could omit the mirin if stuck or a splash of rice wine just a tinsy bit though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Made this last night OP

In the eternal words of Colin Farrel in Intermission "Bleeding delish man"

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I'm having this again for dinner tonight, this time with beef (but minus the basil as I don't have any). Nom nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Beef marinating. Gonna have to settle with dry sherry later, 4 supermarkets and a speciality store, not a bottle of Mirin in sight.
    Still deciding whether to have it with noodles or rice.

• Advertisement

Beautiful flavours! I added an extra freshly torn basil towards the end too. Served with rice. Well definitely make this dish again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Had this tonight and it was gorgeous! So easy to make too, will definitely make again. I didn't have the mirin this time

EC35B31D-5DA5-44C6-A46D-5E118C284A19_zpspkf9bm5x.jpg

Made this again at the weekend. It's a good 'un! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭earlytobed

Have made this twice now. Delicious and just the right amount of sauce to mix in with the noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

I marinated the meat last night and i made this for dinner today. I really enjoyed it, the flavours are nice and strong, come through great and with perfect balance for me. Nice simple and quick also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Had this today. Wow it was delicious! And so simple :) will be bookmarked in my favourites!

The local butcher is doing 2lb sirloin for 5.99. Gonna make this tonight. Oooh I can taste it in my mouth already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Made this yet again this evening. Was not long marinating as did not have a while lot of time but it was still delicious. It has become a firm favourite in our house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

Made this last night after a long time threatening to, was delish. I used 2 chillis so it was mild; will definately add a third the next time. Very tasty though and some leftovers for lunch today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

Thanks OP. Made this last night after marinading the beef for 24hrs.... WOW.
    So quick, fantastically tasty. Substituted fresh linguine for noodles, but I'm sure noodles would have been just as delicious. Unfortunately it was gobbled up before I thought to take a photo. My marinade didn't look as creamy as OP's photo, so I am assuming I didn't add enough peanut oil. Can't wait to make it again. Might even try it with lamb instead of beef next time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Made this for a giant lunch today after marinading for 24 hours. Delicious! I'll make a veggie version soon for my OH, I can't keep this dish to myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Unreal tack altogether. I just marinated the whole sirloin steaks and fried them off in the griddle pan. It was a firm favourite anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Have made this a couple of times now and it's definitely a firm favourite already. Absolutely savage - very tasty indeed! And so quick and easy! I usually end up with less, and darker, sauce than the pics - a sort of 'sticky chilli beef'. Kinda Thai flavours I think.

Beef marinating since morning for dinner later. Can't wait.

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Beef marinating since morning for dinner later. Can't wait.

Enjoy :) what time is dinner :p might call over for a plate ... Jokes

Enjoy :) what time is dinner :p might call over for a plate ... Jokes

Half six. BYOB.

Half six. BYOB.

Bring your own beef ? :P

Bring your own beef ? :P

Actually you might have to. Mr Fox came home for lunch without notice and all I had was the marinating beef. Cooked rice and quick stir fry on the beef, lunch sorted. I have this much left for you if you want. BYORice though:p

2014-09-16%2013.32.02_zpsjzm7xuw0.jpg

Actually you might have to. Mr Fox came home for lunch without notice and all I had was the marinating beef. Cooked rice and quick stir fry on the beef, lunch sorted. I have this much left for you if you want. BYORice though:p

2014-09-16%2013.32.02_zpsjzm7xuw0.jpg

I think I'll pass :p hope 'twas nice :)

• Advertisement

Delicious! :)

Advertisement