Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which one is better??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Either of them would do what you are looking for. The first one has a better processor whereas the second one is nicer looking (in my opinion anyways) and a bigger hard drive (so you could store more stuff on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Would definetly go for the first one because of the i5 processor.

Also the second one is only 539.99e in Argos, www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5088388/Trail/searchtext%3ESONY+LAPTOP.htm

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'd definitely take the first one.

But as manu2009 pointed out, the second one is cheaper at Argos
    BUT the model at PC World has a 750GB HDD while the cheaper one at Argos is 640GB.

So your options are:
    589.99 for laptop 640GB HDD with Core i5 processor

539.99 for laptop 640GB HDD with Core i3 processor
    Or
    589.99 for the same laptop with 750GB HDD with Core i3 processor

I'd still buy the first one..

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

manu2009 wrote: »
    Would definetly go for the first one because of the i5 Processor
    l]

I thought that but is the 0.3 megapixel web cam not awful? Also there is no 3.0 usb port (does that make any difference?).

Is it worth the money do ye think??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

tacofries wrote: »
    I thought that but is the 0.3 megapixel web cam not awful? Also there is no 3.0 usb port (does that make any difference?).

Is it worth the money do ye think??
    Thanks

Its worth the money for a Sony, you could get similiar specs cheaper with a different brand.

A lot of webcams are 0.3mp these days, don't think it's that important for what they'd be used for.

It makes a difference if you plan on transfering a lot of large files and plan on buying usb 3.0 compatable hardware, to most people it wouldn't be that important.

My advice would be to go into PC World, look at both, if you prefer the design of the i5 model buy it there, if you prefer the i3 model go to Argos and buy it. They are both more then adequate for general use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement