Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend an ultrabook please

• 14-09-2012 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Anyone see any good deals on ultrabooks lately?
    I don't have a particular budget, probably spend something between 600 and 900. Just want one that's light (obviously), 4GB ram, decent processor, don't mind the size of the hard drive so long as there is also a ssd.

I had a look on a few sites and in pc world but I'm finding it difficult to find one with a ssd at a decent price.

Anyone recommend any sites?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Lucifer-0 wrote: »

Komplett?
    don't mind the size of the hard drive so long as there is also a ssd.

I don't like where this is going. All models < €1.000 come with bloody hybrid drives now (except a few older CPU generation stock clearance sales) and even 15.6" laptops are now marketed as Ultrabooks. The same "evolution" happened with Netbooks, the current generation is about twice the size of the original form factor (e.g. the Eee 701 or 900).

Anything bigger than 13.3" and no real SSD is a fake, a sales spin in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I don't know if it's considered an Ultrabook, but I do _not_ recommend the Asus U36 due to poor design & build spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

I don't have a particular budget, probably spend something between 600 and 900. Just want one that's light (obviously), 4GB ram, decent processor, don't mind the size of the hard drive so long as there is also a ssd.

I had a look on a few sites and in pc world but I'm finding it difficult to find one with a ssd at a decent price.

Cheers.

Seen the HP Folio 13 with SSD in that restaurant food named place recently for 899€ Very tempted. Any laptop or ultrabook that I would buy now must have at least an SSD. The HP had a 128 GB SSD.

Either that or a Lenovo.

Advertisement